Panasonic formatter doesn't work

Discussion in 'Acekard' started by smudgydonkey, Apr 28, 2009.

1. smudgydonkey
    OP

smudgydonkey Newbie

Newcomer
    Apr 19, 2009
    United States
    It says it's not compatible with my PNY micro sd,so I was wondering if any of you knew any other formatters.
    Also,when I try to move the Akaio folders into the card, I keep getting an error.

2. anaxs

anaxs got milk, got candy

Mar 23, 2009
    Canada
    your moms jeans pocket
    mayb its not compatible wit ur brand of micro sd...try downloadin it again

3. zero383

zero383 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Apr 4, 2009
    Canada
    Vancouver - #1 City in Canada
    The Panasonic formatter should be compatible with ALL cards. It sounds like your PNY is trashed. Buy a better brand like Transcend or Sandisk. Transcend 8GB Class 6 is only like 20 something on Newegg with free shipping.

4. Golin

Golin GBAtemp Regular

Feb 28, 2007
    United States
    United States
    The Panasonic Formatter is the official SD Association SD/SDHC formatter. There shouldn't be a reason why it won't work with any legitimate, working SD card.

5. cory1492

cory1492 GBAtemp Maniac

Jun 23, 2005
    Canada
    Home, WhereElse?
    The top formatters I have ever found can be found through here, here, or one of my favorites for being fast and lightweight, here. Of course, I don't believe any of them will format to SD spec for you without you putting in the specs yourself - but they are great for formatting things windoze won't even recognize as existing.

The only time I've had the panasonic formatter come up with a not compatible message is when I was using a wonky card reader. A bad card reader would also explain errors when trying to write to the card - though it could of course be just a bad card, a bad connection to the card inside the reader, bad connect to the usb port (use mobo connected ports instead of front wire connected ports), bad or too long usb cable, usb port is set for 1.0 mode when it should be set for hispeed in bios, lack of formatting, corrupt master record, the list goes on - you're the one with the error messages and access to your device manager interface and windows management logs though, you should probably read the stuff in there as they will generally narrow down the problem for you.

"It dun werk" is never going to be enough to diagnose/troubleshoot a hardware/software/any issue, so I'm not so sure why others are willing to point at one potential problem given the tiny amount of info to be had when in fact there are quite a few possibilities.

6. zuron7

zuron7 RBYG

Apr 6, 2009
    India
    GPS not available in this area
    just use the windows formatter

7. Briankealing

Briankealing GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Nov 25, 2008
    United States
    NO. DO NOT USE THE WINDOWS FORMATTER
    IT WILL SLOW YOUR CARD DOWN

Want a formatter?
    GOOGLE

8. zero383

zero383 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Apr 4, 2009
    Canada
    Vancouver - #1 City in Canada
    [​IMG]

Please tell me you're joking.

9. Kaoz360

Kaoz360 Member

Newcomer
    Apr 18, 2009
    UK
    Things to try and to rule out -

1.Download panasonic formatter again.

2.Use a different usb reader

3.test another micro sd card that you might have lying about somewhere

4.try on a different computer

10. klopfdreh

klopfdreh GBAtemp Regular

Mar 15, 2009
    Gambia, The
    I also think that it could be a problem of the usb reader. I'm currently using a sandisk and it is working great.

11. Tokiopop

Tokiopop Caffeine fiend

Apr 14, 2009
    UK
    It's either the reader itself, the memory card, or something like a USB, software, or a driver problem.

12. BowlOfSpiders

BowlOfSpiders hi

Feb 10, 2009
    United States
    United States

No offense but I have multiple microSD's. Used the panasonic formatter for one, and the windows one for the other. I have seen NO speed difference whatsoever.

13. logical thinker

logical thinker GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jul 18, 2008
    Windows Vista formatter is good. Windows XP formatter slows the memory card down.

14. Tokiopop

Tokiopop Caffeine fiend

Apr 14, 2009
    UK
    Windows, good? Those words cannot be used in the same sentence!