Hacking Pal WiiWare Releases

TinyTine

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
You can also find Final.Fantasy.Crystal.Chronicles.My.Life.as.a.King.PAL.WiiWare.Wii-iND which is a real PAL release.

Jibib

Trophies
Website
www.nitroclan.freeforums.org
XP
Country
TinyTine said:
You can also find Final.Fantasy.Crystal.Chronicles.My.Life.as.a.King.PAL.WiiWare.Wii-iND which is a real PAL release.

Unable to find...
blink.gif

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
TinyTine said:
Just use the NTSC-U version and patch it as PAL or *FREE* with Freethewads. The NTSC-U torrents are floating around all over the place and would be a lot easier to do. They are the same game anyway, and some of the NTSC-U torrents come with DLC and costumes.

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ONCE AGAIN, things that are missing from the lists:

NTSC-U Missing:

Critter Round-Up

PAL Released:

Defend.Your.Castle.WiiWare.PAL

Japanese Released:

Angel Solitaire WiiWare JAP Wii (doesn't work with our Wii's)
Kotoba no Puzzle Mojipittan WiiWare JPN Wii (works with our Wii's)

Mizuti

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Jibib said:
I cant use free the wads.. i just dont know how to use it..

I give up..
hate2.gif
Im in the same boat...
Ive downloaded Freethewads, when I open freethewads.exe some DOS screen just opens for half a second at dissappears... why
tongue.gif
?

Sotoro

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Defend.Your.Castle.WiiWare.PAL cant be a real Pal release, because it's not even out here in europe. But i added the other stuff to the front page.

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sotoro said:
Defend.Your.Castle.WiiWare.PAL cant be a real Pal release, because it's not even out here in europe. But i added the other stuff to the front page.
The PAL Defend Your Castle is confirmed working on only PAL consoles and without the use of Freethewads. I'd call that list worthy.

apcarr

Trophies
XP
Country
to use free the wads:

place your wad in a folder with freethewads.exe and the other files that come with it and put it in C,rename your wad to target.wad for ease of use,open a command and point it to the folder and type ie C:\freethewads>freethewads.exe target.wad
this will make the wad region free if you want to choose the region type freethewads.exe target.wad anything you like,you will then get options to choose from.

Sotoro

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Lacius said:
Sotoro said:
The PAL Defend Your Castle is confirmed working on only PAL consoles and without the use of Freethewads. I'd call that list worthy.
Only works with freethewads and it's not a PAL release, because there is no PAL version out on WiiWare...

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sotoro said:
Lacius said:
Sotoro said:
Only works with freethewads and it's not a PAL release, because there is no PAL version out on WiiWare...
Using Freethewads on NTSC-U Defend Your Castle in order to make it work on PAL machines does not work.

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
apcarr said:
to use free the wads:

place your wad in a folder with freethewads.exe and the other files that come with it and put it in C,rename your wad to target.wad for ease of use,open a command and point it to the folder and type ie C:\freethewads>freethewads.exe target.wad
this will make the wad region free if you want to choose the region type freethewads.exe target.wad anything you like you will then get options to choose from.
"freethewads target.wad a" (without quotes) will give you the option to pick your region (instead of patching it as *FREE*).

Mizuti

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
pfff, Freethewads was easy, but I dont think .wad titles with spaces in them will work (like Final Fantasy have to be ff or FinalFantasy). Thats what caused my problems...

Pochi

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
I've done everything you said with freethewads ("freethewads target.wad a" *FREE or PAL) and... it still didn't work...
My wii firmware was 3.2E... but I've read that somebody could play the game after updating his Wii...
So I updated mine... The firmware's still 3.2E but now, FF:MLAK miraculously works...
Very strange, but yeah \o/ it works now!
Maybe what I said can help somebody...

Jibib

Trophies
Website
www.nitroclan.freeforums.org
XP
Country
Pochi said:
I've done everything you said with freethewads ("freethewads target.wad a" *FREE or PAL) and... it still didn't work...
My wii firmware was 3.2E... but I've read that somebody could play the game after updating his Wii...
So I updated mine... The firmware's still 3.2E but now, FF:MLAK miraculously works...

So you wasnt able to free the game and now it works :S

IS there a already free version of FF Mlaak online?

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Pochi said:
There are two versions of 3.2: One from February 25 and one from March 20. You need the one from March in order to play some WiiWare games. You probably had the earlier version.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Att is displaying prices like it's an ingredients list now lol