Hardware PAL UK unit vs PAL european unit (Zurich)

dsliteboy

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Guys

Sorry I have searched the boards and google, and yes perhaps I have used the wrong keywords, but i cannot find an answer ....

The question is as follows - I cannot buy a wii in London for love nor money .. but im in Zurich at the moment, and can buy them here

Other than having to change the plugs, will they function ok, or are there PAL variants like NTSC-U and NTSC-J

many many thanks

legendofphil

Phil no Densetsu
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
There is no difference, except the power cable has different pins to the UK one. So long as it says PAL on it, it will work with games over here.

reecarno

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I have a UK Pal Wii and a Pal Wii from Spain; I bought it during a holiday in May 07. Apart from it costing around £7.00 less over there it’s totally the same. Even the box and instructions were in English. As mentioned above its just the Plug that’s different and mine is using a simple £3.00 adapter I got from Maplins, which if you shop around you can get for less.

http://www.maplin.co.uk/Module.aspx?TabID=...=19246&doy=8m11

I have a wiikey in it too and it’s been no trouble at all.

Although you're only going to find recent wii versions out there now so, if a mod chips your game you will be looking at a D2Ckey for sure "20 odd wires", you might want to look at buying a pre-mod Wii first or try eBay, I know that’s an expensive idea but I’m just weighing up your odds.

If you are going out to Europe to buy one just make sure you can bring it back; what with all the extra security at the airports I had mine with on the plane (didn’t trust the buffoons in baggage handling) It got a good searching, they only stopped short of rubber gloves and lubricant. Not sure if you are allowed to actually take this kind of item on board now. If you are going to import then the price plus shipping plus d2ckey and someone to install it may come to the same price as on eBay or a pre modified wii.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    the funny thing is cocktails in norway are only allowed to have 1 20ml shot of booze
    so..... yeah
    we're used to only having a thimbleful of booze
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Booo.
    same thing if you want whisky on the rocks or something, you can't get a double
    but you could buy as many shots of whisky (or anything else) as you want and ask for a glass of ice and pour them in
    it's dumb
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Maybe.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    There was a comparison of the number of Ibuprofen poisonings before and after they limited the maximum dosage per box or per pill (i'll look that up). No limit on the number of boxes you can still buy as many as you want, so people argued it was pointless.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    But the number of (accidental) poisonings dropped because drinking an entire package of ibuprofen pills went from "I need a new liver" to "I need a new box of Ibuprofen".
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Here we have ketoprofen that used to be prescription-only because of the risk of toxic dosages, but then they halved the dose per pill and sell them in bottles of six pills apiece instead of twenty and it doesn't need a prescription any more. Yes you can buy more than one bottle but people simply don't.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Usually accidentally overdose of ibuprofen here is from people taking like cold medicine then ibuprofen for a headache and the combination is over what they need
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Toxic pills are best
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Veho, He fucked around and found out.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Lol Veho
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    :O OMG. A Very EXPENSIVE way to find out :ohnoes:
  • Veho @ Veho:
    He was trying to whip shitties but instead he wiped out and ate shit.
    +1
    He was better off Whipping his own :shit:. :unsure::unsure::unsure: But then again.. Maybe not. Eeewww
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Whip it real good
    Nah. Cool Whip is better :D
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Cool wHip
    Especially on Chocolate Ice Cream :D:wub::D
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: Especially on Chocolate Ice Cream :D:wub::D