Hacking PAL Pikmin 2 On NTSC Wii no workie.

Midna

Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Albania
So, I've got a PAL copy of Pikmin 2 that I tried to burn for my NTSC Wii with D2Pro. No dice. The black screen of death rears it's ugly head again. So, now I burn the disk using WiiUI and GCOS, and the disk loads all right, it boots into GCOS and everything, but then when I select the video options, I get problems. When I select PAL, it plays the audio, but not the video. When I select NTSC, I get a green screen. I know that the wii is not capable of displaying PAL video signals, but is there any hope at all? Help please...
unsure.gif

Livin in a box

Livin' in a cardboard box
Trophies
XP
Country
As I understand, most TV's in the US can't read PAL signals. You'd have to check the TV specification, or you could just buy a PAL one from England or wherever. PAL TV's can also read NTSC (well, the ones I have do anyway), so they are the solutions. Buy a new TV. Or just get the NTSC version of the games.

Lumstar

Princess
Trophies
Website
eonhack.blogspot.com
XP
Country
United States
AFAIK, no console ever released in the US has PAL user-selectable in its options menu. 360/PS3/Wii certainly don't!

Don't know which US consoles will output PAL with unofficial means like a modchip or homebrew.

Knocks

Trophies
XP
Country
Why the heck would you need to play the PAL version of Pikmin, which was originally an NTSC game in the first place?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ntjkwIXWtrc&ab_channel=Apple I feel uncomfortable from watching...