PAL games on NTSC Wii--Please Help...

Discussion in 'Wii - Backup Loaders' started by ZenOne, Jul 24, 2011.

Jul 24, 2011
  1. ZenOne
    OP

Newcomer ZenOne Member

Canada
    First off, I've done a search and spent quite a while going through posts that are irrelevant to the nature of my question. They answer the general question but give no instructions specific to my situation. I hope someone can help.

I have a 4.3U Wii SoftModded (using MauiFrog's guide) and it's working perfectly; however, most ISO's a have are in PAL format (were given to me by a friend which is why I bought the Wii). Either way, I want to play the PAL games on my NTSC Wii via HDD, however, I am uncertain what to do--the screen just goes black.

I am using CFG Loader, all NTSC games work FLAWLESSLY (even SSMB), however, I don't really know how to make PAL games work. I've set the Priiloader Region Free (Wii) to ENABLED and I'm unsure what else to do because I don't want to mess up my mod. I've seen some mention of VIDEO SETTINGS change through CFG Loader but no one ever mentions HOW to do it.

Thanks in advance for any help provided.

2. WiiPower

Member WiiPower GBAtemp Guru

Germany
    If you load games via HDD, then all settings in the system menu and priiloader don't matter at all. Whatver loader you use, set the video mode to disc or PAL for those games.

3. ZenOne
    OP

Newcomer ZenOne Member

Canada
    How?

Also, thank you for your response.

4. Ryoku83

Member Ryoku83 GBAtemp Fan

Canada
    Click on the game and then go into options go to video and select Force NTSC ... that should force the pal game to play in ntsc video.

5. ZenOne
    OP

Newcomer ZenOne Member

Canada
    Thank you!