pal gamecube game problems

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by knoxvillz, Dec 25, 2008.

Dec 25, 2008

pal gamecube game problems by knoxvillz at 11:33 AM (2,433 Views / 0 Likes) 21 replies

1. knoxvillz
    OP

Member knoxvillz GBAtemp Regular

United Kingdom
    I was wondering if anyone knew a solution for my problem. So this christmas i finally bought a wii (late, yeh i kno [​IMG] ) it was a premodified one and i was able to run backups from the disc screen. However whenever i try to run my pal gamecube games it always has a black screen or there will be no display at all... i tried using the starfall gc region free option and gecko os using the different force options but it's still the same results. Does any know how to fix this?

2. Quincy

Member Quincy Your own personal guitarist :3

Netherlands
    Premodified with a chip(what chip exactly)?

3. knoxvillz
    OP

United Kingdom
    i don't have any idea... i asked before but they said it was soft modded if that helps

4. Quincy

Netherlands
    hmm softmodded...so you boot discs using the backup launcher?

5. knoxvillz
    OP

United Kingdom
    i thinks so...i'm not really too sure. i can load the backups from the main disc menu, i don't need to use another channel to load the game

6. Wiisel

Member Wiisel GBAtemp Maniac

United Kingdom
    if its softmodded you cant boot GC backups
    Hardmodded should boot them fine unless they are out of region and gecko os should boot those.
    are the GC discs original or backups? what region is the wii?

7. Quincy

Netherlands
    we cant really help you unless you know the chip afaik

8. knoxvillz
    OP

United Kingdom
    the gamecube games i have are original, I found that my japanese naruto games work but they stop at a warning message or something but i don't understand what they say. The region of my wii is U.S

9. Wiisel

United Kingdom
    when you get to the title screen eject the disc press start then reinsert and the game will continue i dont know the cause tho

10. Midna

Banned Midna Banned

Albania
    Knoxvillz, ignore everything everybody has said so far. PAL games are designed for use with PAL TVs. TVs from North America often can't display the graphics from PAL games, at least with GC games. The exact same thing happened to me once with Pikmin 2, and I couldn't do anything about it.

Bottom line, Your TV is incapable of showing the picture from the game. You have two options: Get a new TV or get the NTSC version of the game. Hope that helps.

11. Wiisel

United Kingdom
    or you can ignore that and not play the naruto games [​IMG]

12. knoxvillz
    OP

United Kingdom
    the strange thing is i know that my TV can handle pal signals as my gamecube was from the UK and it worked perfectly fine on the same TV before it broke.

13. Wiisel

United Kingdom
    ok so your tv is PAL/NTSC compatible so either the gecko you used never worked or NTSC Wii's dont allow pal video (doubt it)
    Did you try the naruto games thing?
    Your in the same boat as me but i have a pal Wii for 99% NTSC games i have to boot from gecko as they blackscreen from disc channel did you try booting them without forcing a video mode?

14. knoxvillz
    OP

United Kingdom
    The same thing happens for any setting i try, it's either a black screen or no video output at all. It's the same when i try to load the games from the disc channel, the only games i got to start where naruto gekitou ninja taisen 2 and 3 but they both have problems. Would changing the wii region to pal work??? or would it just cause more problems???

15. Wiisel

United Kingdom
    the problems with the naruto games do they crash once you press start at the title screen?
    I wouldnt try changing regions at this stage

16. knoxvillz
    OP

United Kingdom
    it doesn't even reach the title screen, it stops after it tries to load a save game data.

17. Wiisel

United Kingdom
    oh right if you get past that you will get the error at title.

18. knoxvillz
    OP

United Kingdom
    ok, so i tried a backup copy of wario world (U) and it worked as there was a video however i got a disc could not be read message and even if i eject and insert the dvd again it still wouldn't work. Is there a problem with my wii???

19. Wiisel

United Kingdom
    I really dont know where to go from here can you contact the guy who sold it to you and confirm if it has a chip what type or what softmod its running since all region games are failing it could be a problem with the wii or something to do with the mod if its softmodded im surprised that its even booting so would expect it to be chipped.

20. knoxvillz
    OP

United Kingdom
    well after installing starfall and using the GC all region, i found that my zelda collector's edition would load but if i try to run the 20min demo of wind waker the wii would go back to the warning menu. Also Starfox Adventures would load but just only sound and no video. A couple of other games i tried would load but it would go straight to a disc read error message and even if tried to remove the disc and insert it again it wouldn't make any difference, some games, like my metroid prime, would go back to the warning menu aswell