PAL and NTSC

Discussion in 'Wii - Emulation and Homebrew' started by tengusoldier, Nov 24, 2009.

Nov 24, 2009

PAL and NTSC by tengusoldier at 4:57 PM (672 Views / 0 Likes) 4 replies

1. tengusoldier
    OP

Member tengusoldier GBAtemp Regular

Mexico
    I understand that my softmodded Wii can load games from USB or read backups from PAl and NTSC J as well as NTSC for the US which isw ere the Wii was bought, question is...do I need an app to change my region in order to aplay them or do I just flat out load them as if was my rregion?

2. XFlak

Member XFlak Wiitired but still kicking

Canada
    u need a system menu hack to play backup DISKS from another region, this does not work on 4.2 systems, but if you are 4.1 and below, u can do this by using preloader hacks or startpatch.

if using a usb loader, u dont need to change anything, the games should load like normal. U may need to go into the settings to change the video mode for that game (or enable the 002 fix).

3. tengusoldier
    OP

Mexico
    I am going to use USB loader GX for my games so I'm guessing I'm fine with that, but I don;t know what the 002 fix is mind elaborating?

4. XFlak

Member XFlak Wiitired but still kicking

Canada
    choose a game in your list

go to its options

go to game load options

here there are a bunch of settings, if the game works, u dont have to change anything

if u get a 002 error or a black screen, play with the settings until u get it running

5. tengusoldier
    OP

Mexico
    I see, thanks a lot.