PAL and NTSC

Discussion in 'Wii - Emulation and Homebrew' started by tengusoldier, Nov 24, 2009.

1. tengusoldier
    OP

tengusoldier GBAtemp Regular

Sep 16, 2008
    Mexico
    I understand that my softmodded Wii can load games from USB or read backups from PAl and NTSC J as well as NTSC for the US which isw ere the Wii was bought, question is...do I need an app to change my region in order to aplay them or do I just flat out load them as if was my rregion?

2. XFlak

XFlak Wiitired but still kicking

Sep 12, 2009
    Canada
    Ontario
    u need a system menu hack to play backup DISKS from another region, this does not work on 4.2 systems, but if you are 4.1 and below, u can do this by using preloader hacks or startpatch.

if using a usb loader, u dont need to change anything, the games should load like normal. U may need to go into the settings to change the video mode for that game (or enable the 002 fix).

3. tengusoldier
    OP

Sep 16, 2008
    Mexico
    I am going to use USB loader GX for my games so I'm guessing I'm fine with that, but I don;t know what the 002 fix is mind elaborating?

4. XFlak

XFlak Wiitired but still kicking

Sep 12, 2009
    Canada
    Ontario
    choose a game in your list

go to its options

go to game load options

here there are a bunch of settings, if the game works, u dont have to change anything

if u get a 002 error or a black screen, play with the settings until u get it running

5. tengusoldier
    OP

Sep 16, 2008
    Mexico
    I see, thanks a lot.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice