Hacking Misc P5R Save convert ps4/switch question

ChanseyIsTheBest

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Does anyone have a newgame+ (prefer at beginning of game or right after 1st palace) save with full compendium unlocked and that's it??

It seems all I can find are max EVERYTHING saves, I think it would be cool to just have all personas available from start
https://gamebanana.com/mods/407736
This person has made some save files for NG+ however none meet your criteria. If you asked them on gamebanana they might be able to make a NG+ save for you.

alex61194

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
"Conversion only works on english version"
Could you do this for other savefile languages too?
my save is Spanish and works it´s mean that doesn't work on Asia version
Post automatically merged:

I tried to find the PC Game Pass save, but I can't find it, where's it?
Also, if you replace the save on Game Pass, there's any problem with the save cloud?
C:\Users\youruser\AppData\Local\Packages\SEGAofAmericaInc.F0cb6b3aer_s751p9cej88mt\SystemAppData\wgs\folderwithrandomnumbers inside should be another folder there is your save, when your ps4 save is converted you have to rename data.dat into the file name of your gamepass save

Hey can you make a guide on how to do this?
i found this guide here maybe it helps
https://steamcommunity.com/app/1687950/discussions/0/3489752656785888352/?tscn=1666430041
GETTING THE SAVE FROM PS4/PS5:
1. Navigate to your system settings and look for Save Data
2. Click on Console Storage
a. On PS5, head to Save Data (PS4)
3. Once there, tab over to transfer save
4. Check P5R and copy to USB

DECRYPT:
(I’m not on possession of a hacked PS4, but I do have Save Wizard, so I’ll try to walk through the process for that)
1. Plug your USB into your computer and open up Save Wizard
2. On Persona 5 Royal, open the drop down and it should show a DATA and SYSTEM file. Right click DATA and open it in ADVANCED MODE
a. You’ll do the same thing for SYSTEM afterwards
4. On the top right corner, hit “Export to File” and save it to a folder on your desktop.
a. The name of the folder doesn’t matter, but let’s call it “Saves Folder”
5. Repeat for SYSTEM
6. Once done, go to the folder you’ve extracted the files to and put the DATA.DAT and SYSTEM.DAT files in two separate folders within the folder.
a. Again, the folder names do not matter
b. It’s important that they are not left in the same folder
c. The file path should look like this for each: Desktop/Saves Folder/[new folder 1]/ DATA.DAT

CONVERTING:
1. Go to the Microsoft store and download Python 3.10. This is a necessary step.
2. Head over to this link: https://github.com/zarroboogs/fiber-saveutil
3. Go to the green “Code” button, click it, and download zip
4. Extract the contents to a folder on your Desktop
a. The name of the folder also doesn’t matter but for the sake of this tutorial, call it “Fiber”
5. Open the folder and you should see all of the content from within the zip file.
6. In the file pathway, on the top of the file explorer, type in cmd
a. This should open up a command prompt window
7. Type this prompt and hit enter: python -m pip install -r requirements.txt
8. Then copy this prompt: python fiber-saveutil.py convert
9. Paste it into the command prompt, but before running it, copy the folder that holds both your DATA and SYSTEM files and paste it into the folder which is holding your fiber-save.
10. Paste the file path of the saves folder right after the convert prompt.
a. It should look something like this python fiber-saveutil.py convert Desktop/Fiber/Saves Folder
11. Hit enter
12. Once done, you should see a new folder in Fiber called “Saves Folder -- out”
13. You should see your DATA.DAT and SYSTEM.DAT files here

COPY THEM TO STEAM:
1. Download P5R on Steam
2. Go to your save folder for P5R
3. Should be something like: C:\Users\[user]\AppData\Roaming\SEGA\P5R\Steam\[Steam ID]\savedata
4. Create a folder called “DATA01”
5. Drop the DATA.DAT file in this new folder
6. There should a SYSTEM folder already. Drop the SYSTEM.DAT file in there.
7. Run the game and try it out!
Some things to keep in mind, when you open the game, you may find you’re your level is set to 1, but don’t worry. Once you save on PC, it’ll fix itself.
Steam Deck users should be able to follow these steps as well but would be easier to do it on a PC and then download the cloud saves afterwards.

I would love to transfer my P5R PS4 game save to the switch. It'd give me a reason to play the game for a third time.
all version works i ported my save to gamepass and switch

Last edited by alex61194,

bloopland33

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
my save is Spanish and works it´s mean that doesn't work on Asia version

C:\Users\youruser\AppData\Local\Packages\SEGAofAmericaInc.F0cb6b3aer_s751p9cej88mt\SystemAppData\wgs\folderwithrandomnumbers inside should be another folder there is your save, when your ps4 save is converted you have to rename data.dat into the file name of your gamepass save

i found this guide here maybe it helps
https://steamcommunity.com/app/1687950/discussions/0/3489752656785888352/?tscn=1666430041
GETTING THE SAVE FROM PS4/PS5:
1. Navigate to your system settings and look for Save Data
2. Click on Console Storage
a. On PS5, head to Save Data (PS4)
3. Once there, tab over to transfer save
4. Check P5R and copy to USB

DECRYPT:
(I’m not on possession of a hacked PS4, but I do have Save Wizard, so I’ll try to walk through the process for that)
1. Plug your USB into your computer and open up Save Wizard
2. On Persona 5 Royal, open the drop down and it should show a DATA and SYSTEM file. Right click DATA and open it in ADVANCED MODE
a. You’ll do the same thing for SYSTEM afterwards
4. On the top right corner, hit “Export to File” and save it to a folder on your desktop.
a. The name of the folder doesn’t matter, but let’s call it “Saves Folder”
5. Repeat for SYSTEM
6. Once done, go to the folder you’ve extracted the files to and put the DATA.DAT and SYSTEM.DAT files in two separate folders within the folder.
a. Again, the folder names do not matter
b. It’s important that they are not left in the same folder
c. The file path should look like this for each: Desktop/Saves Folder/[new folder 1]/ DATA.DAT

CONVERTING:
1. Go to the Microsoft store and download Python 3.10. This is a necessary step.
2. Head over to this link: https://github.com/zarroboogs/fiber-saveutil
3. Go to the green “Code” button, click it, and download zip
4. Extract the contents to a folder on your Desktop
a. The name of the folder also doesn’t matter but for the sake of this tutorial, call it “Fiber”
5. Open the folder and you should see all of the content from within the zip file.
6. In the file pathway, on the top of the file explorer, type in cmd
a. This should open up a command prompt window
7. Type this prompt and hit enter: python -m pip install -r requirements.txt
8. Then copy this prompt: python fiber-saveutil.py convert
9. Paste it into the command prompt, but before running it, copy the folder that holds both your DATA and SYSTEM files and paste it into the folder which is holding your fiber-save.
10. Paste the file path of the saves folder right after the convert prompt.
a. It should look something like this python fiber-saveutil.py convert Desktop/Fiber/Saves Folder
11. Hit enter
12. Once done, you should see a new folder in Fiber called “Saves Folder -- out”
13. You should see your DATA.DAT and SYSTEM.DAT files here

COPY THEM TO STEAM:
1. Download P5R on Steam
2. Go to your save folder for P5R
3. Should be something like: C:\Users\[user]\AppData\Roaming\SEGA\P5R\Steam\[Steam ID]\savedata
4. Create a folder called “DATA01”
5. Drop the DATA.DAT file in this new folder
6. There should a SYSTEM folder already. Drop the SYSTEM.DAT file in there.
7. Run the game and try it out!
Some things to keep in mind, when you open the game, you may find you’re your level is set to 1, but don’t worry. Once you save on PC, it’ll fix itself.
Steam Deck users should be able to follow these steps as well but would be easier to do it on a PC and then download the cloud saves afterwards.

all version works i ported my save to gamepass and switch
Thank you so much for this!

Obviously I’m going to need to look up a guide for this part, which I will, but regarding Switch - when I mod a v1 switch, if my only purpose is to load in saves, what do I install to do that - is that gonna be atmosphere? Or something else?

alex61194

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Thank you so much for this!

Obviously I’m going to need to look up a guide for this part, which I will, but regarding Switch - when I mod a v1 switch, if my only purpose is to load in saves, what do I install to do that - is that gonna be atmosphere? Or something else?
you need atmosphere to be able to use homebrew that you need to extract the saves

Reactions: bloopland33

Bitt

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hey, was just wondering if anyone would be able to decrypt my ps4 P5R save so I can use it on switch? Can anybody help?

bloopland33

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
you need atmosphere to be able to use homebrew that you need to extract the saves
Thanks so much. I really appreciate your answer. I have one last question if you don’t mind - I posted in the noob thread to because I’ve read conflicting reports. It’s about safely getting this Royal save onto my regular, unmodded Switch and if that could get me banned:

Hi! I have a question about transferring saves from a modded Switch to an unmodded one:

My only goal is to get my Royal save from PS4 onto my Switch. If I borrow my friend’s v1, mod it, load the save onto my account there, can I then safely transfer that via the OFW save transfer to my unmodded switch?

I thought it would be that simple but I found old threads cautioning against that because it could get your Switch banned. So can a save I hacked in be moved to a normal switch, or does it have to stay on hacked switches?

My only purpose is this transfer - no pirating, no emu, nothing else. I read something about if I keep the sysnand clean? Or avoid emunand entirely then the save wouldn’t flag on my normal Switch?

Obviously a noob here. Really appreciate your help

alex61194

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Thanks so much. I really appreciate your answer. I have one last question if you don’t mind - I posted in the noob thread to because I’ve read conflicting reports. It’s about safely getting this Royal save onto my regular, unmodded Switch and if that could get me banned:

Hi! I have a question about transferring saves from a modded Switch to an unmodded one:

My only goal is to get my Royal save from PS4 onto my Switch. If I borrow my friend’s v1, mod it, load the save onto my account there, can I then safely transfer that via the OFW save transfer to my unmodded switch?

I thought it would be that simple but I found old threads cautioning against that because it could get your Switch banned. So can a save I hacked in be moved to a normal switch, or does it have to stay on hacked switches?

My only purpose is this transfer - no pirating, no emu, nothing else. I read something about if I keep the sysnand clean? Or avoid emunand entirely then the save wouldn’t flag on my normal Switch?

Obviously a noob here. Really appreciate your help
my answer is that nobody knows there are people playing online with atmosphere and unbanned and there are people banned for enter the eshop so you will have to risk

Reactions: bloopland33

bloopland33

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Obviously going online with these converted saves from PS4 is safe even though the Raidou and other removed costumes still appear in your inventory?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KYZD7ykz9aQ