Hardware Own vs. Need collection checklist thingy

sflesch

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm quite certain I could use better terminology, but I'm wondering if there is any kind of database utility that can help me keep track of what games I own, have rented, need, particularly for the Wii. Would be great if it connected to Game Fly and pulled my rental history, what was available, etc.

As a side note, any other rentals paces out there anymore that have Wii games?

sflesch

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
OK, so let me ask a simpler (?) follow up. If you have a good number of games, how do you keep track of what games you have so you don't rent duplicates?

Maeson

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
There are webs and apps to have a record of your games and such, but a good chunk of them are paid services. You could use something like vgcollect, but requires registration, or an android app named "My game collection", it's free, haven't tried it.

That said, I personally just use excel files, or rather, the documents you can do on Google docs. While I don't write down the games I have I used it to create lists of decent and up games for a bunch of different consoles, and even if it doesn't have a "pretty, modern UI", it's simplicity is very practical and you can see much more info at once, because when we're talking about hundreds of games, pretty visuals get more in the way than anything else.

sflesch

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There are webs and apps to have a record of your games and such, but a good chunk of them are paid services. You could use something like vgcollect, but requires registration, or an android app named "My game collection", it's free, haven't tried it.

That said, I personally just use excel files, or rather, the documents you can do on Google docs. While I don't write down the games I have I used it to create lists of decent and up games for a bunch of different consoles, and even if it doesn't have a "pretty, modern UI", it's simplicity is very practical and you can see much more info at once, because when we're talking about hundreds of games, pretty visuals get more in the way than anything else.

Thanks. I'll work on this. I've basically got a bunch of wbfs files that I would like to get in there as easily as possible, but getting the information over is going to take some work, unless there is a way to automate it, like gettng a list from USB Loader GX and then importing it.

Maeson

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Well, I don't know for WBFS files, but I've read some mobile apps can read the bar codes from game cases and add them to your collection, which sounds fast.

I guess you could use Wii Backup Manager to load your WBFS files and get their IDs and names.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    straferz @ straferz: Anybody know why this is happening to my ACWW town...