OUYA + Reading Rainbow = MIND BLOWN!

spinal_cord

Knows his stuff
Trophies
Website
spinalcode.co.uk
XP
Country
Dammit, I missed the start of the OUYA bashing!!
I really don't get what people have against it anyway. They're not trying to take hand-held games and put them on the big screen as most people seem to think. The goal is to allow independent and hobbyist developers a home console to create games for. Just because something is Android based, does not automatically mean the only thing you should do with is is phone related. Also, how powerful the machine is really is of no consequence, to my knowledge, only a handful of hobbyist coders have ever pushed the hardware they're working on anywhere near hard enough to require an upgrade. The OUYA is not trying to compete with PS4/XBone or any other home console, I don't see how people don't see that. If you can't code what you want to do on the hardware given to you, chances are, you're not trying hard enough.

The blue OUYA is a nice touch, but I would prefer to see a different shape case, I'm tired of the cube, especially when the gut will fit in something a third of the size.

Vipera

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Books are not a dead medium but an evolving one
Just because literally everyone (yes, literally) can now write a book and publish it thanks to the internet doesn't mean it's a good thing. Look at the most indieish videogames: to survive, they NEED to be internet famous no matter if they suck or not (Surgeon Simulator).
Same with books. On the internet it's either stuff like 50 Shadows of Grey that takes way too much advertising from people who like to beat a dead horse, or books that everyone swears to have read but nobody actually did (Farewell to Arms). Or the new nerdy famous thing (Game of Thrones).
The fact that now we have SO MUCH CHOICE will demolish the demand and focus it more on the internet/media-famous ones, imho.

Reactions: Skelletonike

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-