ROM Hack RELEASE Outer Worlds Graphics and FPS Mods

Laja X

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
Is there any list of changes about the russian 1.03 modconfig, that is posted above? Thanks in advance!

Changes:
- Render resolution reduced from 1080p to 720p [Dock]
- Maximum dynamic resolution threshold increased to 100% [Portable / Dock]
- Minimum dynamic resolution threshold - 50% [Portable / Dock]
- Some TAA anti-aliasing tweaks [Portable / Dock]
- Texture filtering changed from linear to anisotropic 4x [Portable / Dock]
- Increased distance of static LoD'ov [Portable / Dock]
- Increased drawing distance of objects / grass / trees [Portable / Dock]
- Enabled 4-cascade dynamic shadows mode [ Portable / Dock]
- Increased resolution of dynamic shadows [Portable / Dock]
- Increased the distance for drawing dynamic shadows [Portable / Dock]
- Increased the distance for drawing light [Portable / Dock]
I do not know exactly where the distance for drawing light will increase, but just in case
- Improved global dimming [Portable / Dock]
- Lens Flares Enabled [Portable / Dock]
- Sun Rays Enabled [Portable / Dock]
- SSR Reflections Enabled [Portable / Dock]
- Particles Increased [Portable / Dock]
- Grass Density Increased [Portable / Dock]
- Translucent Lighting Volume [ Portable / Dock]
- Included Capsule Shadows [Portable / Dock]
- Increased rendering range of decals [Portable / Dock]
- Some other changes [Portable / Dock]

Its looking good, based on the before-after pictures, what they provided on the original post.

Reactions: BigOnYa

ecl0674

Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
My mod for 1.0.3 its just update for latest game version (1.0.3 as you can see). Nothing has beed changed in cvars (graphics the same). I just put into .zip updated and modded "main" file, to launch the game correctly.
"Main" file contains one small change to enable 4 shadows cascades mode (with original "main" file we only have 2 cascades).

Reactions: BigOnYa

Laja X

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
My mod for 1.0.3 its just update for latest game version (1.0.3 as you can see). Nothing has beed changed in cvars (graphics the same). I just put into .zip updated and modded "main" file, to launch the game correctly.
"Main" file contains one small change to enable 4 shadows cascades mode (with original "main" file we only have 2 cascades).

Guys... Something not right. I put back the game, to play with the new DLC. I installed the basegame, the 1.03 update, and the DLC file. Im on Atmosphere, with 11.0.1. The DLC has no textures at all or werry limited, you can fall trough the floor, and everything is so dark. I tryed with the 1.03 russian mod, and from the first page the Sparness1 1.2. Either is a no go. Without them is working just fine.
(I loaded up my savestate with the mods in the final mission. There is no problem, only with the DLC, right after you disembark from your ship on the new planet.)
Please, look into this. I want play the DLC with the mod quality, what im loved trough my main game playtrough.
If anything needed, I will lend a hand.
Thanks in advance!

Last edited by Laja X,

burhansalih

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Guys... Something not right. I put back the game, to play with the new DLC. I installed the basegame, the 1.03 update, and the DLC file. Im on Atmosphere, with 11.0.1. The DLC has no textures at all or werry limited, you can fall trough the floor, and everything is so dark. I tryed with the 1.03 russian mod, and from the first page the Sparness1 1.2. Either is a no go. Without them is working just fine.
(I loaded up my savestate with the mods in the final mission. There is no problem, only with the DLC, right after you disembark from your ship on the new planet.)
Please, look into this. I want play the DLC with the mod quality, what im loved trough my main game playtrough.
If anything needed, I will lend a hand.
Thanks in advance!

are you using sys-clk to over clock?

Laja X

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
Fix is in the "Russian site". I can't upload it here, cause the rules...

Fast report back... I played at least 2 hours with the DLC (with max overclock in docked mode) and workink like a charm.
Looks werry beatyfull, and smooth. Highly recommended! (btw, I dont have time for the base game, to test out.)

Much appreciate it @ecl0674 !

stewacide

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I don't want to mess with modding, but playing in handheld mode will I get appreciably better graphics (with an overclock either way of course) using ReverseNX to put in into virtual docked graphics mode?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Well start walking towards them +1