OUT ON A LIMB

Discussion in 'NDS - Flashcarts and Accessories' started by yaesumofo, Aug 1, 2007.

Aug 1, 2007

OUT ON A LIMB by yaesumofo at 6:15 AM (1,850 Views / 0 Likes) 17 replies

1. yaesumofo
    OP

Newcomer yaesumofo Newbie

Hey guys I am going to make a prediction. Soon within months we will be seeing a whole new generation of slot 1 cards for the DS.
    Why would I say that?
    Well if you like around at just about all of the on-line shops are either out of stock of one or both of the R$ or M3 cards. The supply side is dry. I suspect they have stopped production on these cards and are filling their supply with new versions right NOW. Why wouldn't we know about it you might ask? Well if you knew about a new version coming out to the market within weeks would you buy the one which is available? I wouldn't.

Just as soon as these become completely gone we will hear an announcement of the new cards.
    Now what features will they have? What do we need?
    Built in fast ram? Maybe
    motion control? Maybe
    Dilldi patching/ For sure
    NO patching software necessary ? I hope so.
    download and play 100% ? One can hope.
    GBA and total compatibility? Hopefully.
    Rumble? Sure why not.

You know what? I have no idea what we really need. Or want. I am using a M3 and an Ez Flash 3 in 1 and between them Just about all of my needs are met. I have a new 2 gig Kingston (japan) and m DS is just about as fast loading and playing as a stock DS and cartridge ROM.
    I would bet that we will see more systems that come in 2 parts ala the EZFLASH V (In terms of build quality the EZ Flash V is one of the best IMHO). IMHO the EZFLASH V and it's 3 in 1 little brother are actually a great system. Lacking only a great OS or user interface.
    A well done 2 part system will be a great seller.
    The companies making these things know we need speed. The best way to achieve that is to build the ram into the cards moving away form the SD or trans flash. Besides if they include the ram they can make higher profits. So we need speed, OK what else? Maybe motion control? Hell I don't think the software side of this technology has not matured as quickly as the hardware.
    I would love to hear what you guys think we need.
    I guess we will see what happens. Personally I am looking to see new next generation products in the next month or two.
    Yaesumofo

2. Icarus

Member Icarus fire walk with me

United States
    The next Slot-1 card with a Real Time Saving feature is going to be big !!! Maybe CycloDS will be able to do it with a firmware upgrade but who knows. I think R4 can do pretty much what gamers need right now. But don't expect a Slot 1 card to have Rumble or Motion Control feature.
    [at least I don't see that happening soon]

Oh and R4 already has most of the features you're listed there. It has auto DLDI patching, 100% Download and Play compatibility and it doesn't need any patching software.

3. jesterscourt

Member jesterscourt Not Brad.

United States
    Is it confirmed that the new 1.11 FW has virtual 100% DP support?

On a sidenote, I really think Slot-1 GBA support would make people jump for whatever the new card is. As others have said in this thread and others, SDHC support, on-the-fly DLDI patching and increased compatibility goes without saying.

4. adgloride

Member adgloride Its A Wii Wario

United Kingdom
    The R4/M3 simple seem to be the most popular slot 1 solutions at the moment and nearly perfect. They are also cheap. It would be silly of them to stop manufacturing them all together. Maybe they can't keep up with demand.

5. TLSpartan

Member TLSpartan Kills threads

Australia
    There already is a cart with motion control [​IMG] . The MK-R6 Gold link

6. Kelli

Newcomer Kelli Member

Finland
    I think that this feature is most likely impossible, but i would like to see a flashcard, which could process texture filtering. [​IMG]

7. Icarus

Member Icarus fire walk with me

United States
    And which game uses the feature again?

8. Sinkhead

Former Staff Sinkhead yay p1ngpong.

United Kingdom
    Why are you calling the R4 the R$? Is it just a typo, or is it like the thing people do with Micro$oft?

- Sam

9. Mewgia

Member Mewgia drifter

United States
    Probably a typo since 4+shift=$

@filezof: The R4 does not have 100% download play and I doubt it will since the G6 Real said it would and didn't, and I think we should all realize by now that R4 and G6 are part of the same company.

10. DSGRIM

Member DSGRIM GBAtemp Regular

United States
    http://www.neoflash.com/go/index.php?optio...d=165&Itemid=37

11. sylux92

Member sylux92 GBAtemp Fan

United States
    Why, what games dont work on the r4 for download play?

12. grifter

Member grifter GBAtemp Regular

Australia
    I think they are just low on stock as everyone has jumped on board at the same time. Like facebook...

13. qwertyasdf

Newcomer qwertyasdf Advanced Member

Canada
    Yea. Why don't you just consider other slot 1 choices? EzFlash aren't bad, my friend has one, plus, Emvee Gaming is giving away DS Screen Protectors with any EzFlash purchase: http://www.emvee.ca/

14. shakirmoledina

Member shakirmoledina Legend

Tanzania
    It could be possible like i heard the M3 real has the above mentioned features so maybe it's the reason for this stoppage
    Yet again i saw in a thread a person obtaining a newer version of R4 directly from HK so maybe these are in the process (it had firmware 1.10 features and the box had it's features listed)

15. grifter

Member grifter GBAtemp Regular

Australia
    i'll check my box when it arrives, should be a very fresh version.

16. KINGOFNOOBS

Member KINGOFNOOBS GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    There will never be a M3 Real. The R4 aka M3 real is doing too good

17. 4saken

Member 4saken Retired Ace Attorney

Australia
    I don't get it. Is there meant to be irony in that sentence?

18. HeatMan Advance

Member HeatMan Advance GBAtemp Fan

United States
    I remember when the Flash 2 Advance was the most popular on GBA. Then other cards came along that I guess were more efficient. Right after that F2A simply disappeared and left no support whatsoever.

That's why I only use the cheapest and most efficient slot 1 devices like R4. You never know when they might go belly up or simply move on. Great device though.