Tutorial  Updated

OTP Guide

Full Guide Release!

https://plailect.github.io/OTP/

All regions now supported!

If you appreciate this guide and the work I put into maintaining it, I accept donations through both Bitcoin and PayPal.

If you felt like the guide helped you out then I'd really appreciate it! If I get enough I may buy a 2DS for testing hardware stuff so I don't break another N3DS.

If the guide didn't help you out then I'm really sorry about that :(

Last edited by Plailect,

dkabot

Better With Others' Systems Than Their Own
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh thanks for the nice words! ^^ I'm sorry I never saw your post. I usually read all of them so yours must have slipped by. It seems like you've basically solved it the way I've found to work, so I'm glad that's another person that can vouch for this method. And it wasn't just me, without @templeofhylia, I'd probably still be here complaining like a baby about how I don't know what the problem is.
Not solved yet, about to try once I re-restore the formatted EmuNAND. I'll be sure to report results.
The working one is my N3DS, which thankfully took the SysUpdater first try.

Reactions: Just Passing By

Naked_Snake

Constant Miscreant
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Awesome got my OTP.bin file dumped a few times to double check, it was all good now just have to restore sysNAND and emuNAND, could someone also compile the hax for me if i PM my OTP file please?

Gcentrex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh thanks for the nice words! ^^ I'm sorry I never saw your post. I usually read all of them so yours must have slipped by. It seems like you've basically solved it the way I've found to work, so I'm glad that's another person that can vouch for this method. And it wasn't just me, without @templeofhylia, I'd probably still be here complaining like a baby about how I don't know what the problem is.

And a thanks from me also, it worked fine when run from 10.5 emuNAND

SirByte

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I have tried to downgrade emuNAND mutiple times and it keeps failing on 0004003000008F02.cia each time, if the file is removed it completes fully

Anyone know if it will work correctly without installing 0004003000008F02.cia (home menu)

This is on on o3ds xl

EDIT: emuNAND version is 9.2 if that makes a difference but seems from a search of this thread im not the only one with this error

I've had this error when I tried to use a fresh 4.1.0 U EmuNAND with my 4.1.0 U SysNAND; I used my EmuNANDTool backup of my 9.2.0 EmuNAND (at the time regular update when i was new) and then it worked fine. When downgrading 9.2.0 EmuNAND it also installed more .cia files, the 8F02's turn was way later in the process than before.

joseole99

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Anyone want to compile the arm9loaderhax.3dsx for me (I have my OTP)? I really don't want to try and get all that working on my uncles computer (went away for the weekend and forgot my laptop).

Also, chalk up a N3DS XL to the did not brick with the v2 guide.

Trill Spector

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Anyone want to compile the arm9loaderhax.3dsx for me (I have my OTP)? I really don't want to try and get all that working on my uncles computer (went away for the weekend and forgot my laptop).

Also, chalk up a N3DS XL to the did not brick with the v2 guide.
sure send me a pm with your otp

Can anyone compile my OTP File? (3dsx)

http://ul.to/ec8xsaop

BIG THX

will send you a pm in a few

dkabot

Better With Others' Systems Than Their Own
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Alright, it's past midnight, I've been at this all day, final results:

N3DS: Running A9LH. Swapped Sys- and EmuNAND successfully. Accidentally removed FBI (oops) but the power of having a recent backup let me get it back.

O3DS: Updating EmuNAND let SysUpdater run properly, got OTP, ran a newly compiled A9LH and...
c5f43f199d.jpg

Dammit.

Just Passing By

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Alright, it's past midnight, I've been at this all day, final results:

N3DS: Running A9LH. Swapped Sys- and EmuNAND successfully. Accidentally removed FBI (oops) but the power of having a recent backup let me get it back.

O3DS: Updating EmuNAND let SysUpdater run properly, got OTP, ran a newly compiled A9LH and...
c5f43f199d.jpg

Dammit.
No! Do you know what went wrong? I've never seen that error before. It's like the most colorful brick I've ever seen. It also reminds me of a hardmod.

Last edited by Just Passing By,

howardroark

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, I pretty much give up. I'm at the step of downgrading the Emunand, and I keep getting the following error:
titleException:
title.cpp:135: Result: 0xD8A083FA
Failed to delete system title!

Any ideas? It seems to vary on which .cia that it fails on.

Latest .cia failure was on 0004003020009402.cia.

EDIT: I think I may have figured it out, there were leftover 9.2 downgrade files in my /updates folder.

Last edited by howardroark,

pbanj

The "friendly" neighborhood sandwich
Trophies
Website
pbanjin.space
XP
Country
United States
random question about nand backup, are the ones made on the system(gateway, emunand9, decrypt9) able to be restored with a hard mod or does the nand dump have to be made with the hard mod to be restored with the hard mod. i ask because everything i have seen for the hard mod the nand dump is a .img file and not a .bin

JacksonS

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
are the ones made on the system(gateway, emunand9, decrypt9) able to be restored with a hard mod
The backups made via software (Decrypt9, etc.) are exactly the same as ones made via hardmod. They are interchangeable in every which way; you can just change the file extension. The reason people use the .img format is because Windiskimager32 requires it to be in .img format to write to the 3DS eMMC.

Reactions: pbanj

Just Passing By

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, I pretty much give up. I'm at the step of downgrading the Emunand, and I keep getting the following error:
titleException:
title.cpp:135: Result: 0xD8A083FA
Failed to delete system title!

Any ideas? It seems to vary on which .cia that it fails on.

Latest .cia failure was on 0004003020009402.cia.
Try updating your emunand. Not 100% sure if this'll work, but it might. I haven't heard of a problem like this yet.

pbanj

The "friendly" neighborhood sandwich
Trophies
Website
pbanjin.space
XP
Country
United States
The backups made via software (Decrypt9, etc.) are exactly the same as ones made via hardmod. They are interchangeable in every which way; you can just change the file extension. The reason people use the .img format is because Windiskimager32 requires it to be in .img format to write to the 3DS eMMC.
i figured the extension could just be changed but wanted to make sure. i figured i would do this and if it screws up just do the hardmod to recover it. just wanted to make sure first. thanks

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @K3Nv2, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gzmdrobXH34