Tutorial  Updated

OTP Guide

Full Guide Release!

https://plailect.github.io/OTP/

All regions now supported!

If you appreciate this guide and the work I put into maintaining it, I accept donations through both Bitcoin and PayPal.

If you felt like the guide helped you out then I'd really appreciate it! If I get enough I may buy a 2DS for testing hardware stuff so I don't break another N3DS.

If the guide didn't help you out then I'm really sorry about that :(

Last edited by Plailect,

sl0ps

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Don't do this without a hardmod. Those who pointed you here saying you don't need one, are just looking to make you break things.

dkabot

Better With Others' Systems Than Their Own
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Don't do this without a hardmod. Those who pointed you here saying you don't need one, are just looking to make you break things.
I mean, it is possible without one, but if you read it it does say one is highly recommended.

sl0ps

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I mean, it is possible without one, but if you read it it does say one is highly recommended.
I know, I was hesitant to even touch it until someone who I had trusted prior ensured me that things had been ironed out.

The guide is fine, I just did something stupid and that's on me, I know that.
This is why I quantified with 'Those who were pointed here'

Last edited by sl0ps,

dkabot

Better With Others' Systems Than Their Own
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I know, I was hesitant to even touch it until someone who I had trusted prior ensured me that things had been ironed out.
I'd say the OTP guide is pretty safe, even my O3DS which bricked did so on the A9LH, only issue with OTP was SysUpdater on EmuNAND until I updated that to 10.X.
That said, it's not for the feint of heart, or noobs.

mungry

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

That's a pretty ignorant statement. Yes, if you are a complete noob to the scene then I wouldn't recommend doing this until it's really streamlined. But if you know what you are doing and can follow directions correctly then you can get your OTP without a hard mod, you just have to have patience.

Reactions: Mrrraou and zoogie

liomajor

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Section I - Prep Work - done, no problem
Section II - Downgrading - done, no problem
Section III - Getting the OTP - done, no problem, OTP.BIN created
Section IV - Restoring the System - done, no problem
arm9loaderhax.3dsx compiled - no errors

Install success, new3ds xl turns off > new3ds xl dead, doesn't turn on, removing microSD, lit is on, still no booting.

Lucky i have a HardwareMod installed a few days ago, recovered it by installing backup sysnand, any suggestions?

James310

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Section I - Prep Work - done, no problem
Section II - Downgrading - done, no problem
Section III - Getting the OTP - done, no problem, OTP.BIN created
Section IV - Restoring the System - done, no problem
arm9loaderhax.3dsx compiled - no errors

Install success, new3ds xl turns off > new3ds xl dead, doesn't turn on, removing microSD, lit is on, still no booting.

Lucky i have a HardwareMod installed a few days ago, recovered it by installing backup sysnand, any suggestions?
Does it turn on ,then off? If so its installed properly but theres nothing to boot to so that means you don't have aureinand installed,kinda like having menuhax without having boot.3dsx on the sd card

Last edited by James310,
Reactions: liomajor

liomajor

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does it turn on ,then off? If so its installed properly but theres nothing to boot to so that means you don't have aureinand installed,kinda like having menuhax without having boot.3dsx on the sd card

Is there a way to revert the function? Per default normal sysnand and a button to load cfw?

daxtsu

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Is there a way to revert the function? Per default normal sysnand and a button to load cfw?
Set up AuReiNand, it has two setups you can do:

1. Run emuNAND by default, L to load sysNAND with FIRM from SD like Gateway mode, or R to load sysNAND with 9.x FIRM
  2. Run sysNAND by default (see the thread for how to do this) and then the button combos load emuNAND with different settings: L for FIRM 9.x, R for FIRM from SD.

liomajor

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Set up AuReiNand, it has two setups you can do:

1. Run emuNAND by default, L to load sysNAND with FIRM from SD like Gateway mode, or R to load sysNAND with 9.x FIRM
  2. Run sysNAND by default (see the thread for how to do this) and then the button combos load emuNAND with different settings: L for FIRM 9.x, R for FIRM from SD.

The problem is, AuReinand doesn't boot, it blackscreens. The new3DS only boots with R Trigger :/

Classicgamer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't want to boot AuReinand per default, i want to boot sysNAND and only boot a CFW with button.
You can't always get what you want~~

You can't always get what you want~~

You can't always get what you want~~But if you try sometimes....you get emunand!

Just set up reinand for now- use emunand and wait for the options you want to be developed.

Or follow aureinand tut here: https://gbatemp.net/threads/tutorial-swap-sysnand-and-emunand-arm9loaderhax-only.415724/

Last edited by Classicgamer,

daxtsu

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
I don't want to boot AuReinand per default, i want to boot sysNAND and only boot a CFW with button.

Well, no matter how you look at it, you'll be booting CFW into sysNAND or CFW into emuNAND with A9LH. That being said, it sounds like you have a bad or wrong firmware file if you're getting black screens.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl: What.