Tutorial  Updated

OTP Guide

Full Guide Release!

https://plailect.github.io/OTP/

All regions now supported!

If you appreciate this guide and the work I put into maintaining it, I accept donations through both Bitcoin and PayPal.

If you felt like the guide helped you out then I'd really appreciate it! If I get enough I may buy a 2DS for testing hardware stuff so I don't break another N3DS.

If the guide didn't help you out then I'm really sorry about that :(

Last edited by Plailect,

Columbo2811

Trophies
XP
Country
Reactions: swungtwisty437

Selver

Trophies
XP
Country
Thought I recognized your name, nice write-up! We have some theories on bootrom extraction, although getting screen init is the priority right now.

Theories already? Presuming the "we" includes many of the known names, it's good to hear people aren't totally stumped. Perhaps in a couple weeks, we'll have a new thread on bootrom extraction. :)

Reactions: mungry

Mrrraou

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Theories already? Presuming the "we" includes many of the known names, it's good to hear people aren't totally stumped. Perhaps in a couple weeks, we'll have a new thread on bootrom extraction. :)
I would wish so, lol, but that won't happen in a long time. Maybe in 6months-1 year.

Svaethier

Trophies
Website
s6.zetaboards.com
XP
Country
United States

jsav214

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
since you're using sysnand in step 19 to boot into hbl then I doubt you would brick then, your 3ds must be trying to boot into your bricked emunand.

I turned the 3DS off and on when it wouldn't restart after it rebooted after the downgrade. Doesn't that mean it's trying to boot into sysNAND?

Svaethier

Trophies
Website
s6.zetaboards.com
XP
Country
United States
So i got my OTP.bin now, but whats next?
have someone compile it for you :)

I turned the 3DS off and on when it wouldn't restart after it rebooted after the downgrade. Doesn't that mean it's trying to boot into sysNAND?

depends what your setup is, you using menuhax and booting directly into a cfw using a 3dsx?

Last edited by Svaethier,

JacksonS

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Guide has been updated to include updating to 10.5 as a possible fix for those failing to downgrade due to TWL_FIRM. This is because this update will remove any modified TWL_FIRM which sysUpdater has trouble dealing with.
I was already on 10.5 and had this issue, so I had to download the original TWL_FIRM with 3DNUS and install it. Maybe you should mention that as an option too.

jsav214

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
pretty sure if you can use menuhax then your system isn't bricked, try booting without the SD card as something could be corrupt in it then.
I think it's dead. Tried to start with no sd card, tried recovery mode and nothing. Thanks for talking me through this though.

jsav214

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Step 19 is downgrading emunand. Was your nands linked. I can't see how it would brick on that step
Isn't step 6 supposed to unlink it? The last thing I remember seeing was after it downgraded and it said it was going to reboot, I held 'L' and then nothing happened.

Columbo2811

Trophies
XP
Country
Isn't step 6 supposed to unlink it? The last thing I remember seeing was after it downgraded and it said it was going to reboot, I held 'L' and then nothing happened.
If you can't even boot recovery mode then you've somehow possibly downgraded system NAND. Sorry for your loss. Time for hardmod or get someone to do one.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @K3Nv2, Have fun at Psi's.