Tutorial  Updated

OTP Guide

Full Guide Release!

https://plailect.github.io/OTP/

All regions now supported!

If you appreciate this guide and the work I put into maintaining it, I accept donations through both Bitcoin and PayPal.

If you felt like the guide helped you out then I'd really appreciate it! If I get enough I may buy a 2DS for testing hardware stuff so I don't break another N3DS.

If the guide didn't help you out then I'm really sorry about that :(

Last edited by Plailect,

Audioboxer

Trophies
XP
Country
Even if a Linux-compiled build hadn't bricked you, you would've been left with a temporarily unusable O3DS (unless you had a hardmod), since there are no A9LH CFW payloads that will boot on O3DS yet.

Just want to follow on from this saying I have a temporarily unusable N3DS as I done this without an emunand. Haven't found a way to boot directly into sysnand with any payload. So everyone beware! Don't end up like me lol.

noctis90210

Trophies
XP
Country
Last edited by noctis90210,

Classicgamer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ok I'm a9lh into reinand! thanks to @capito27 for compiling the payload for me! I simply took hax released by reisyukaku in his thread page 193 https://gbatemp.net/attachments/arm9loaderhax-zip.39143/ and the a9h.3dsx by capito27 (using my otp of course) and the latest reinand release and copied it all to the msd card. I booted sysnand and browserhax to homebrewmenu and booted the a9lh.3dsx. system loaded the hax and restarted directly into reinand! I don't care about using sysnand in any case.

note: I was not able to install the hax after menuhax and boot manager loaded - I'm assuming that was loading a newer firm of reinand - thus I had to boot hbm from sysnand, a 9.0 firm environment. hope this is helpful for anyone curious!

Reactions: daxtsu

noctis90210

Trophies
XP
Country
ok I'm a9lh into reinand! thanks to @capito27 for compiling the payload for me! I simply took hax released by reisyukaku in his thread page 193 https://gbatemp.net/attachments/arm9loaderhax-zip.39143/ and the a9h.3dsx by capito27 (using my otp of course) and the latest reinand release and copied it all to the msd card. I booted sysnand and browserhax to homebrewmenu and booted the a9lh.3dsx. system loaded the hax and restarted directly into reinand! I don't care about using sysnand in any case.

note: I was not able to install the hax after menuhax and boot manager loaded - I'm assuming that was loading a newer firm of reinand - thus I had to boot hbm from sysnand, a 9.0 firm environment. hope this is helpful for anyone curious!
how bout sharing the whole package? :-)

jackb994

Self-Proclaimed Gamer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Can you say how you got into Sysnand with 9.0 firm environment?

Classicgamer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
how bout sharing the whole package? :-)

well I can't share my a9lh.3dsx because it's console specific requiring your otp :(
the reinand files are from rei's pastebin and the a9lh file is from the same thread page 193.

Can you say how you got into Sysnand with 9.0 firm environment?

yeah, I have my menuhax setup to boot to sysnand when I hold L. since my sysnand is 9.0 that's all there is to that.

daxtsu

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
anyway im just clueless what arm9loaderhx do? does it mean our 3ds will be like PSP/ps3.. run cfw diretly upon boot? am i right...

Basically, yes, if that's what your payload does. Arm9loaderhax itself simply provides access to the ARM9 CPU on boot, so you can do whatever you want, including booting into emuNAND or CFW sysNAND. It could also be used to boot, for example, a recovery menu like Bootmii on the Wii. None of this really exists yet aside from emuNAND on N3DS, but in the future, don't be surprised if such things become commonplace.

Classicgamer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
anyway im just clueless what arm9loaderhx do? does it mean our 3ds will be like PSP/ps3.. run cfw diretly upon boot? am i right...

yep - you boot the system - the bootrom loads arm9hax before anything else which will direct it to do whatever the a9hax payload wants it to - in my case boot reinand emunand directly - bypassing sysnand completely.

Reactions: noctis90210

Plailect

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
JPN won't happen for about another month sadly. unless you wanna region swap then dump otp it's still work

Not sure where you got this info, J support is incoming very soon after we get some testing done.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Additionally, who's got a hardmodded J 3DS and wants to test?

Reactions: Mrrraou and daxtsu

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    NinStar @ NinStar: link in the description