Tutorial  Updated

OTP Guide

Full Guide Release!

https://plailect.github.io/OTP/

All regions now supported!

If you appreciate this guide and the work I put into maintaining it, I accept donations through both Bitcoin and PayPal.

If you felt like the guide helped you out then I'd really appreciate it! If I get enough I may buy a 2DS for testing hardware stuff so I don't break another N3DS.

If the guide didn't help you out then I'm really sorry about that :(

Last edited by Plailect,

mashers

Stubborn ape
Trophies
XP
Country
It shouldn't matter, but you could also just install the CIA.
I'm trying this now. I used minipasta to install FBI to sysnand. I'm now re-cloning sysnand to emunand and will then re-copy my SD card backup back to the SD. Will I have to unlink my NANDs again after this, or will they remain unlinked because they were unlinked before?

Audioboxer

Trophies
XP
Country

In the future (I don't have a time estimate, but I hope it's not too long from now), this won't require a hardmod, just wait :)

For some reason I've lost FBI when cloning sysnand to emunand and I can't be bothered to inject into H&S so I'm just going to keep trying through HBL.

Ekaitz

Redhead Believer
Trophies
XP
Country
France

In the future (I don't have a time estimate, but I hope it's not too long from now), this won't require a hardmod, just wait :)

I did not know that! I've got plenty of times, I'll just wait. That's great! (I bought a Sky3DS+ before downgrading became a thing and I use it because I don't install a lot of CIA on my system, except some emulators/homebrews that are better in cia version and custom GBA...)
It would be great to have the possibility of updating to 10.5 with sig patches without emunand...

I'll wait but that's great news! Thank you for your work :grog:

Plailect

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm trying this now. I used minipasta to install FBI to sysnand. I'm now re-cloning sysnand to emunand and will then re-copy my SD card backup back to the SD. Will I have to unlink my NANDs again after this, or will they remain unlinked because they were unlinked before?
If you are on new 3ds, the guide will instruct you to use tinyformat to re unlink NANDs

mashers

Stubborn ape
Trophies
XP
Country
If you are on new 3ds, the guide will instruct you to use tinyformat to re unlink NANDs
It does, but I've already deviated from the guide by trying to use the CIA version of SysUpdater, whereas the guide only says to use the 3dsx version. I have tried recreating emunand with FBI installed on sysnand, but FBI did not carry over :( Is there another way of installing FBI on emunand?

Audioboxer

Trophies
XP
Country
It does, but I've already deviated from the guide by trying to use the CIA version of SysUpdater, whereas the guide only says to use the 3dsx version. I have tried recreating emunand with FBI installed on sysnand, but FBI did not carry over :( Is there another way of installing FBI on emunand?

I'm still just trying via HBL. I guess if someone could definitely say if it won't downgrade via HBL then the CIA version is needed.

FONZD

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Got it for my New 3DS EUR

THX for this tuto !

just a little mistake here:
Windows:
  • 3DSFAT16tool.exe -d -n emuNAND.bin ctr.bin nand.fat16_0x5_.xorpad
  • 3DSFAT16tool.exe -i -o emuNAND.bin ctr.bin nand.fat16_0x4_.xorpad

I'm still just trying via HBL. I guess if someone could definitely say if it won't downgrade via HBL then the CIA version is needed.
only with the .cia on my side

Last edited by FONZD,
Reactions: Audioboxer

Leslie White

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Just out of curiosity, can anyone tell me the goal of the procedure described in the "otp guide" ?

It is meant to launch a cfw on coldboot ??

felipejfc

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Just out of curiosity, can anyone tell me the goal of the procedure described in the "otp guide" ?

It is meant to launch a cfw on coldboot ??

It is one of the things that it will do for sure... But just in the future... Now there are really almost nothing new you can do with your OTP in hands, unless you are a dev.

Aurora Wright

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
@Aurora Wright

If you want, i can make a test with my 2.1 sysNAND and smashbros (eur)
That would be awesome. If you could, please test these 2 things:
- does the web browser open while on 2.1E?
- does the n3ds brick on 8.1? If it doesn't, does the web browser still work?
Also, if you have a cartridge which updates to 4.x or 6.x test that too before 8.1.

Audioboxer

Trophies
XP
Country
Downgrading via sysupdater CIA worked first time. Maybe best to update the guide to say use the CIA as it seems HBL will not work for downgrade (or it has a really low chance as I tried ~50 times with no luck).

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @salazarcosplay, Morning