Hacking Other Hombrew Methods

INTERNETS

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
mark187 said:
If you're asking because you don't have a copy of Zelda then the answer is you're SOL.

Ignore this guy.

I don't remember specifically, but it might be possible to install a homebrew channel by using a trucha-signed disc. To my recollection, the trucha loophole is still open as of this writing. It might be your best bet to look into that a bit.

gladi8r

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've never run TP on my Wii.
Trucha sign any backup image with the proper wad installer .dol
Run the disc, install homebrew channel Wad.
Then you're good to go.

Prime

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
if you want to get started in homebrew for the wii and don't have a mod chip then you do need zelda: twilight princess but after that you don't need it if you install a homebrew loader as a channel.

gladi8r

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Prime said:
if you want to get started in homebrew for the wii then you do need zelda: twilight princess but after that you don't need it if you install a homebrew loader as a channel.

Not true (with mod chip)

Trolly

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Well, fair enough if you can't be arsed, but it would be a lot easier if you rented it. Would probably save you the time it would take to look into this. Though I guess you'd be paving the way for more like you...
huh.gif

Bleh, do what you want!

EDIT:
Wait, I re-read the first post, and it says with the Twilight Princess Hack! Still not sure what that's supposed to mean though.

ihatexams

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I dont need to buy any game because am getting my wii chipped once my wiiclip arrives. Ok so I downloaded the ELF file for Hombrew channel, now what? Just stick on the SD and it should read it?

retrospect

Trophies
XP
Country
It's actually a fair point. I've bought (yes, bought) just five or six Wii games. Too many releases are re-engineered Gamecube games, and on the Gamecube too many were N64 games that they'd managed to ruin.

Most of the Wiis best games are on the VC.

ihatexams

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Can someone at least give me a link to place which instructs on how to use hombrew without TP. Looked everywhere cant seem to find anything useful and not confusing.

EDIT; never mind its not possible.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    realtimesave @ realtimesave: got a mig switch here, freshly smuggled in from China