OSX Snow Leopard Dual Boot

Discussion in 'Computer Games and General Discussion' started by rockstar99, Sep 21, 2010.

Sep 21, 2010
  1. rockstar99
    OP

Member rockstar99 Hi

Canada
    I recently downloaded OSX Snow Leopard for my laptop and well i dont want to lose my windows 7, i only have one drive on this lapto p of 500gb, can I somehow dualboot seven and osx without formatting?

EDIT:can a mod fix the spelling mistake of leopard in the title

2. Hakoda

Member Hakoda GBAtemp Addict

United States
    Most definitely. Just partition your harddrive with a dedicated amount to Win 7 and a dedicated amount to SL. Google around and research on how to install a Hackintosh cuz, let me tell you from personal experience, it is NOT a walk in the park nor is it in any way as easy as installing Ubuntu.

http://www.osx86project.org/

It is possible to find pre-made distros of SL which make it pretty easy to install OS X on a PC but there are some issues if you don't have compatible hardware. If you'd like you can post your specs and I can help you out.

3. jaxxster

Member jaxxster The Heretic

United Kingdom
    how do you burn the image of snow leopard btw? I tried dmg to img then booting it using empire efi but when i pressed enter on the cd icon the laptop just restarted

4. Jotokun

Member Jotokun GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Most modified snow leopard disk images come in ISO format. If you're trying to burn an unmodified snow leopard... this may sound weird given the site this post is on but its only $30, you may as well go legit. For an OS that is an astoundingly good price.