One Scary Lady
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
gallery_24102_883_25983.png

Still on the Fence over EA's download service, Origin? How about a 50% Spring Sale to change your mind?

Most notable of course, are Battlefield 3 ($29.99), the Back to Karkand Expansion Pack ($7.49) and Batman: Arkham City ($24.99).

Other games included in the sale are:

* Crysis 2 ($19.99)
* FIFA Soccer 12 ($14.99)
* Gotham City Imposters ($7.99)
* Mass Effect 2 ($9.99)
* Medal of Honor ($9.99)
* Need for Speed: The Run ($24.99)
* Saints Row: The Third ($24.99)
* Shank ($4.99)
* SimCity 4: Deluxe Edition ($9.99)
* The Sims 3: Master Suite Stuff ($9.99)
* The Sims 3: Pets ($19.99)

You will need to download the Origin client and create an account to be able to access the deals. The sale runs until Monday March 19th. If you're more of a physical copy kind of person, they are offering free standard shipping on purchases over $39.99 until March 31st.

:arrow: Source

Hells Malice

Are you a bully?
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
As nice as the prices are, these games still come at great expense. Namely, having to install Origin.
Sorry EA!

Was coming in to say the exact same thing.
They'd have to make the games free for me to even consider using Origin.

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Origin isn't bad (though to me its trapped in 2005) its just so far not worth having. There is NOTHING and that includes Battlefield 3 that makes this service worthwhile.

I would love for this to be a worthy competitor to Steam, (people used to hate that too) so far Steam pretty much owns this market and with better competition they could offer us more savings but nothing EA has done with Origin has even touched on what Valve have done. Even this sale isn't that great.

Reactions: 1 person

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think they should just rename Origin to "that thing you need to play Battlefield 3" or "that thing you need to play Mass Effect 3" since I don't think anyone would choose Origin over Steam when they both offer the same game.

Some of the sales are pretty nice but the system itself is just a nuisance since everyone uses Steam anyway.

kevan

Imagination rules the world
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gah not for Australia apparently :(

Edit: Actually it seems that it is for Australia but you have to login to the client to acess the deals. Which is crap because it won't let me login :cry:

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-