Hacking Orginizing games and media on R4.

HeatMan Advance

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just got my R4 hours ago and I've already tried a bunch of games and converted the first episode of Naruto to watch in dpg format.

My only problem is organizing things so I can watch movies then stop and go to games when I feel like it.

I first noticed the issue when I put the Naruto episode in the same part I kept the games. It wouldn't read from there so I quickly realized I needed to put it in the Moonshell folder. Afterwards I messed with the settings in the multimedia files and got the Naruto clip to show up but there was a bunch of NDS games cluttering the media area.

My question is what do you guys do to keep things organized in the R4 menu? I'm new to this so any info is good.
yaynds.gif

P.S. I also noticed that the game saves are written to the micro SD upon start which I guess I should have known since it is just a storage device. I have about 20 something games and I'm wondering if there's a certain amount of space that should be left open for saves? Are they always 512kb or do they increase and vary?

.TakaM

.II
Trophies
Website
takam.wordpress.com
XP
Country
New Zealand
well, I watch quite a lot of movies on my DS (surprised myself) and I've just got a couple folders at the root of my card:

games
homebrew
media
- movies
- music
- pics
snes

HeatMan Advance

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So just make folders with names like those then insert the appropriate files and I'm set?

Is there a way to go back to the game/media/slot2 screen without restarting the DS?

Thanks.

HeatMan Advance

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah how?

Also, do I have to keep save files in the same directory as the nds roms or can I make a directory for those also? Do they save to the root by default?

Zendrik

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
1. The .sav files are stored where ever the rom is stored. *edit* gah, beat me to it Katalyst!!!

2. The GBA roms are for the EZFlash 3-in-1 I'm guessing.

I have a 3-in-1 and I put my GBA games in a GBA roms folder as well. In fact, I pretty much use the same organization as everyone else here. Government mind control maybe?

Spikey

Your Special Someone
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I stick all my NDS games in the root and make all other folders hidden so they don't appear. Then I have a Media folder on the root(hidden like I said) which contains the folders Music, Movies and Pictures. This works great for me since I don't need to go through any folders to get to my games and the rest of my stuff is organized for moonshell.
smile.gif

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I only play commercial games, so I put them all in the root of the microsd card, that way when I select "Games" on the r4 main menu I get a list of games.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Nut on the hill