Gaming Ordered somthing off newegg...

KazoWAR

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I ordered something off newegg about week ago so I can get an older computer up an running for someone. It was a Koutech IO-ASA110 IDE to SATA Device Adapter. It allows you to connect a SATA drive to an older computer that only supports IDE.
The item I received was not sealed at all. the box is completely different than the picture on the site and the sticker on the device is also different. The problem is that it did not come with the power cable. I sent an email to newegg but still no reply so far.

I have never ordered anything from newegg, is this normal for the boxes to be different? Will they send me a power cable or am I screwed?

pictures
My Box
0910012128.jpg

0910012128a.jpg

Newegg's Box
12-240-010-S01.jpg

My Device
0910012129.jpg

Newegg's Device
12-240-010-S06.jpg

Missing Power Cable
12-240-010-S07.jpg

sorry for bad picture quality.

jan777

motion control..? srsly? so 2008. 3DS is teh bombz
Trophies
XP
Country
Nathan Drake said:
jan777 said:
Is Newegg usually this unreliable? :/

They are usually a go to place for computer parts. I'm surprised something like this happened.

Yeah me too. I was planning to buy all the part for a PC im going to build from there but now I kinda got scared.

FireEmblemGuy

Celebrating a decade of shitposting
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It really depends more on the supplier than NewEgg. They're usually pretty good about replacements or refunds if they end up selling you a shoddy product.

thela_kid

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i've purchased over 35 items with newegg with a total value far over 3000 bucks. this is NOT normal, newegg is usually amazing with their quality prices and quick shipping. im actually appalled this happened.

KazoWAR

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok update.

After a few emails Newegg told me they did not have any extra cables in stock and that i need to go to the manufacture. just got my reply from them after a few days and they pretty much told me i was going to have to pay for it
ohmy.gif
. I sent them a reply about how i shouldn't have to since it was meant to be in the box and that on Newegg it says there is a 30 days warranty for parts. lets see how it turns out.

hatredg0d

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
if the company wont supply one for free, i would eat the shipping costs and return it to newegg.
iv spent close to two grand at new egg within the last 2 years, only received one bad item. sucks this happend to you your first time.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: speaking of roasted nuts, do you guys prefer your peanuts salted or honey roasted?