Hacking Ordered M3i Zero... quick questions

ricekrispy1034

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
As the title says, I have a few questions.

1) My DSi was already 1.4 when I got it, and M3i was the only one that came pre-loaded with 1.4 compatibility, that is correct right?

2) I was reading reviews and stuff and people have been saying this is one of the best DS flash cards available and M3 is a trusted company. All that is true?

3) I am kinda computer savvy, so I can work my way around most issues, But from reviews and stuff, I just need to hook up my flash card with the included USB and it's set to upload all my roms and skins right?

4) I bought it from consolesource.com
Does anyone know if that's a well trusted site? From what I've read they were good and they were listed on the official M3 site.

I'm new to Gbatemp, so thanks ahead.

BoxShot

Chiyo-chan :3
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
1) It does not come with 1.4 compatibility or compatibility with anything at all since it comes blank you will need to flash it with the supplied usb cord.
2) Pretty much.
3) Well pretty much with the micro sd.
4) Well it is an official site and an affiliate with gbatemp I think so yeah it is trusted.

ricekrispy1034

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks
smile.gif

Yeah I was watching how-to's and stuff for 1.4 and I already have the files downloaded. Just gotta wait
frown.gif
It seems easy enough so I really can't screw up. I ordered a 4gb Kingston. That should be enough for like 15 or so games?

CannonFoddr

Regular GBATemp Lurker
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
gamekool said:
man...4GB is enough for hundreds of games...
I totally agree - I only have a 2Gb & I've got ~30-40 Commercial Games, Some music (about an Album worth), a few photos, 4 or 5 Emulators (+ ~8 Emulator ROMS) and ~6-7 Homebrew programs & I'm pretty sure I've still got over 1/2 the card free

Edited later: oops sorry I made a mistake - Got home & checked & found that my current microSD card is in fact an 8Gb one
It currently contains:-
43 Commercial ROMS, 5 Emulators, 5 Homebrew games/Apps, 19 Music files (recorder @ 192kbps rate), 3 Photos, 15 Emulator Game Roms, 14 (Sakura) Skin File, 2 Text Files, 3 (short) music video files and finally the M3i0 System folder

And I've only got 4.68Gb left

Based on the above I think you'll be able to get the following files on 8Gb before it's full:
74 Commercial ROMS, 8 Emulators, 8 Homebrew Games/Apps, 32 Music files, 4 Photos, 25 Emulator ROMS, 24 Sakura Skins, 3 Text files and 5 Music videos

ricekrispy1034

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wow haha. Yeah I'm used to my hacked psp where games are 700mbs - 1 gig and a half. Well thanks for everything. Can't wait till it arrives in a few days
biggrin.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy: @Xdqwerty, Osu! Tatakae! Ouendan! is the Japanese version of the game, different... +1