Ordered an R4i Gold 3DS

Discussion in 'NDS - Flashcarts and Accessories' started by Gris, Apr 24, 2013.

Apr 24, 2013

Ordered an R4i Gold 3DS by Gris at 10:16 PM (664 Views / 0 Likes) 2 replies

1. Gris
    OP

Newcomer Gris Member

United States
    Finally took the plunge and ordered a flashcart. I used to be big into the psp homebrew scene but never touched gba/ds homebrew, so I don't have much of a base of knowledge to go on.

Once my flashcart gets here, what am I going to have to do to get it to run DS roms on my 3DS? I've already got my games backed up, is it going to be as simple as drag and drop to my microSD card and launch from the flashcart; or am I going to have to find an app with which to launch the roms? Is there anything I should know in the way of extra software etc? I also own a DS lite, but I don't know a slot 2 card.

2. Rydian

Member Rydian Resident Furvertâ„¢

Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
    United States
    The software to launch the games is what you put on the MicroSD first, and you get it from the URL printed on the cart itself (hopefully r4ids.cn or r4idsn.com, if it's something else than you ordered a clone).

Slot-2 is just used for GBA. Slot-1 is all you need for DS.

3. Pong20302000

Member Pong20302000 making notes on everything

Japan
    you normally need the following

Kernel:
    this is card specific made normally by the manufactures but can be 3rd party, (e.g. Acekard can use AKAIO produced by Normatt, Origional R4's, R4ids.cn, can use WOOD produced by YWG, but 3rd party ones are normally card specific)

Firmware:
    this is an update file for the card and can only be obtained from the manufacturers website, each card has specific files and allows it to work on newer system versions that have blocked the card from working, but to be applied must be able to load up the flashcard to run the file and not be blocked by the system

4. babyface
    This message by babyface has been removed from public view by Costello, Jun 4, 2013.
    Apr 25, 2013