Hacking Ordered a WII-Clip and the D2C Key

shanti.vt1

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hi Guys, I ordered a this combo from Ozmod Chips. First of all they provide great service. The chip is coming to Canada. Will I be able to play NTSC games and also Pal. Or is this chip just limited to North America. I did not specify to him for region free. What will I have to do to play region free games. The chip is coming to me soldered on the Wii-clip.

Thanks

NoAlias

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
shanti.vt1 said:
Hi Guys, I ordered a this combo from Ozmod Chips. First of all they provide great service. The chip is coming to Canada. Will I be able to play NTSC games and also Pal. Or is this chip just limited to North America. I did not specify to him for region free. What will I have to do to play region free games. The chip is coming to me soldered on the Wii-clip.

Thanks

Just check out the installation instructions at d2ckey.com.
If you want region override, you'll have to solder one or two jumpers on the d2ckey itself.
It's all explained in a diagram.
For NTSC America, you need to short JP1 and leave JP2 open.
I'm assuming that OzMod will not solder any region override because I just ordered one and my region is PAL.
Just a little tin and a soldering iron will do it for you in about 5 seconds.

If you don't short the jumpers then region override is disabled.

Cheers,

OzModChips

Trophies
XP
Country
QUOTE said:
i'm pretty sure oz will close the jumpers to match whatever region he's sending it to

Nope. I dont want to assume someone has a particular console just because they are coming from that region.
If I solder the wrong point then the chip just wont work. If I dont solder the point then it will work, just not region free unless they do it themselves
I will be adding a drop down box soon so the person can choose

shanti.vt1

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Maybe I don't understand by region free. As long as the North American games play I am happy. So the way that OZ sent is without any jumpers. So if I want to play a game from Europe or a different region I would have to Jump the chip. is that correct ?

shanti.vt1

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
THANK YOU VERY MUCH!!!!!!

smile.gif

NoAlias

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
OzModChips said:
QUOTE said:
i'm pretty sure oz will close the jumpers to match whatever region he's sending it to

Nope. I dont want to assume someone has a particular console just because they are coming from that region.
If I solder the wrong point then the chip just wont work. If I dont solder the point then it will work, just not region free unless they do it themselves

And I'm thankful for it, OzMod.
I don't want to have any region override on my chip. I just want to play PAL backups without risking a bricked WII.
So I'm happy with the solution that you're shipping right now (can't wait, can't wait).

By the way, if anybody else has questions on this: It's all explained on the webpages of d2ckey.
Just check out d2ckey.com and you'll know all this stuff too.
lecture.gif

stok3d

Retro Gaming Inc.
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
OzModChips said:
QUOTE said:

ah ok, thanks for this info..i'll edit my post since i was so wrong, drat!
smile.gif

makes sense though, ty Oz

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @OctoAori20, Thank you. Hope you're in good spirits today like I am. :)