Hacking ORB (your media on Wii)

telefunkin

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
just tried it out. results were not very good. I tried to watch 300 and the video quality was pretty bad, alot of pixilation. It also had to pause and buffer every 30 seconds. I gave up after about 5 minutes and tried some audio. It played ok, but there was about a minute of buffer time before a song would come on.

Maybe too many people are testing right now to get a good result. I'm on a 15Mb connection so bandwidth should not be an issue. I'm gonna reinstall it on my PC and test it out again to see if I get any better results.

LightyKD

Future CEO of OUYA Inc.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That's cool I just thought maybe someone would like to set up a dedicated PC so that we all can share stuff.It's kinda lame that Nintendo's video service will not appear till sometime later in 2009 so, why not beat them to the punch and for free
smile.gif

telefunkin

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Ok, I reinstalled orb on my PC and it works much better. Video was alot clearer, still not great but definately watchable, and no buffering. Audio only had a few seconds buffer time between songs. It must just be multiple connections on your test account that are causing problems.

LightyKD

Future CEO of OUYA Inc.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm actually assuming that it's my connection so give me a sec (more like 40) and let me restart my modem
smile.gif

[Edit] ...Ok I just restarted my modem. If you want, you can give it a go again.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: Firefox users be like "look at what they have to do to mimic a fraction of our power."