ROM Hack ORAS Randomizer with Pk3ds doesn't seem to work

Revan_XVII

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm running a modded 2DS with the firmware 11.6.0-39U and I can't for the love of god get this modded DS to get randomizers to run! I don't get error messages, it just doesn't randomize the game, despite having the randomizer loaded to the SD card. I'm at my wits end, my friend tried literally every method to get the randomzier to actually randomize. So my questions are:

1) Is there some kind of way I need to run Alpha Sapphire through the Homebrew channel and if so how?

2) Am I just screwed and can't get randomizers on this DS anymore?

3) Is it possible to get Hans downloaded on this frimware and if so, how?

Giodude

GBAtemp's official rock
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm running a modded 2DS with the firmware 11.6.0-39U and I can't for the love of god get this modded DS to get randomizers to run! I don't get error messages, it just doesn't randomize the game, despite having the randomizer loaded to the SD card. I'm at my wits end, my friend tried literally every method to get the randomzier to actually randomize. So my questions are:

1) Is there some kind of way I need to run Alpha Sapphire through the Homebrew channel and if so how?

2) Am I just screwed and can't get randomizers on this DS anymore?

3) Is it possible to get Hans downloaded on this frimware and if so, how?
What method are you using exactly? I assume luma layerdfs patching?

Giodude

GBAtemp's official rock
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Could you screenshot the luma folder, titles folder, and the folder of the title ID of whichever version you're using? 000400000011c400 for omega ruby and 000400000011c500 for alpha sapphire.

Revan_XVII

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Could you screenshot the luma folder, titles folder, and the folder of the title ID of whichever version you're using? 000400000011c400 for omega ruby and 000400000011c500 for alpha sapphire.
I can't screenshot it, but since I'm just using alpha sapphire I'll look for the folder and tell you what I got.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Ok so the luma folder has a folder called Titles, where Alpha Sapphire resides the folder is called exactly what you said it would be, now what am I looking for exactly?

Giodude

GBAtemp's official rock
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I can't screenshot it, but since I'm just using alpha sapphire I'll look for the folder and tell you what I got.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Ok so the luma folder has a folder called Titles, where Alpha Sapphire resides the folder is called exactly what you said it would be, now what am I looking for exactly?
Im just making sure everything is in the right directory. Inside that folder should be a folder called romfs, and that should have the modded game files in it. If that doesnt work, I'll see if i can randomize my own files in my spare time and pm them to you on a different platform. The one i made for Ultra moon runs fine.

Revan_XVII

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Im just making sure everything is in the right directory. Inside that folder should be a folder called romfs, and that should have the modded game files in it. If that doesnt work, I'll see if i can randomize my own files in my spare time and pm them to you on a different platform. The one i made for Ultra moon runs fine.
Well we know it's in the right place, but I don't think I have custom firmware to run it so that may be my problem.

Giodude

GBAtemp's official rock
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, there's an "x" next to enable game patching and show NAND or user string in system settings.
Well you have a custom firmware that's for sure. Most likely the randomizer was done wrong. I would suggest trying it yourself one more time, making sure the proper files are being replaced. If that doesn't work, I'll try it myself.

Revan_XVII

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well you have a custom firmware that's for sure. Most likely the randomizer was done wrong. I would suggest trying it yourself one more time, making sure the proper files are being replaced. If that doesn't work, I'll try it myself.
Well my friend and I think we figured out what went wrong and how to fix it. When he dumped the Cart, it still had the most recent update on it, I didn't delete the Alpha Sapphire update data until after we already had the randomizer on the SD card so I think we may need to re-dump the cart without the update data on it.

Reactions: Giodude

Giodude

GBAtemp's official rock
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well my friend and I think we figured out what went wrong and how to fix it. When he dumped the Cart, it still had the most recent update on it, I didn't delete the Alpha Sapphire update data until after we already had the randomizer on the SD card so I think we may need to re-dump the cart without the update data on it.
That update is installed to the sd card, not the cartridge. A cartridge is called a ROM since it's Read Only Memory. Anyway, tell me if deleting the update data off of the console before running it fixes anything.

Revan_XVII

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That update is installed to the sd card, not the cartridge. A cartridge is called a ROM since it's Read Only Memory. Anyway, tell me if deleting the update data off of the console before running it fixes anything.
Well that was my theory, my friend had 2 other ideas last night, but we're having a dinner party in an hour and he just got out of bed so I'll see if we can work on the DS at all tonight and I'll keep you updated. :)

Revan_XVII

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Alright so my friend just had me transfer a randomized CIA file to my SD card and I am currently installing a digital copy of Alpha Sapphire hopefully this method works. I haven't tried this one yet so I'll keep you updated! :)

Revan_XVII

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok so Alpha Sapphire installed but it's just a black box. Do I install the CIA file now? Or what? I'm confused.

Revan_XVII

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey uh, quick question. Will I be able to soft reset on the randomizer for a shiny starter if I can get the randomizer to actually work?

Revan_XVII

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok so apparently my friend overlooked a step in installing the randomizer and well it's kind of funny. But we finally got it working! So Geo I'd like to thank you for being as helpful as you were! :) Most people don't even have this problem so this was the only place I could go for answers.

keenhao

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
my omega ruby just keeps on crashing after trying to randomize it does anyone have an extreme randomized premade one or can help me fix mine,only my chromebook can read my sd so then i have to use a usb to go on another computer to randomize it , dunno if thats the problem but if you can help me in anyway thanks!
using this tutorial:

LucarioRanger

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My game won't load anything. I have no update data installed (I used pk3ds) but the game will not load any changes. It plays like normal

lone_wolf323

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
My game won't load anything. I have no update data installed (I used pk3ds) but the game will not load any changes. It plays like normal
Why bother bumping a 2 year old thread instead of making your own? A new one would likely get more attention to whats going on for the issue.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @Sonic Angel Knight, Meth cake lol