- Joined
- Oct 11, 2011
- Messages
- 1,579
- Solutions
- 3
- Reaction score
- 1,354
- Trophies
- 3
- Age
- 31
- Location
- Michigan, USA
- XP
- 3,020
- Country

This thread is for discussing the "AntiPiracy" Disc:ISO check of Devolution. This thread is not to discuss anything involving cracking it. With that said, here is what I have to say.
----------------------------
I don't like it. I think it should be removed. GCN is no longer a primary console, and its software is no longer in production. The GCN has been abandoned by Nintendo since the realese of the Wii. Due to this, working condition software for the console is becoming far harder to find. ISO use is convienient, since Devolution is an Emulator. Requiring disk varification, pretty much defeats the purpose, and makes the program harder to use. Next, WiiMote support would be great, but that Disk Check ruins the possibility of newer Wii's using devolution. I don't think that needs to be explained farther. Lastly, the AP is a lost cause. What I mean is, the point of preventing piracy is to prevent the company in question from losing potential profits from copied software. Since the Gamecube is no longer earning Nintendo revenue, it defeats the basic purpose of the AP anyway. I'm not condoning piracy here, i'm saying, why bother when no-one is gaining anything by preventing it?
That's all I have to say on the matter. What about all of you?
----------------------------
I don't like it. I think it should be removed. GCN is no longer a primary console, and its software is no longer in production. The GCN has been abandoned by Nintendo since the realese of the Wii. Due to this, working condition software for the console is becoming far harder to find. ISO use is convienient, since Devolution is an Emulator. Requiring disk varification, pretty much defeats the purpose, and makes the program harder to use. Next, WiiMote support would be great, but that Disk Check ruins the possibility of newer Wii's using devolution. I don't think that needs to be explained farther. Lastly, the AP is a lost cause. What I mean is, the point of preventing piracy is to prevent the company in question from losing potential profits from copied software. Since the Gamecube is no longer earning Nintendo revenue, it defeats the basic purpose of the AP anyway. I'm not condoning piracy here, i'm saying, why bother when no-one is gaining anything by preventing it?
That's all I have to say on the matter. What about all of you?








