ROM Hack opera ds hack

Sarvesh50

Aye!
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
opera ds is a really good wlan browser for the ds i like everything on it but it cant download so if somebody could make a hack for this.
that you can download. on opera ds .

V!olaPlayer

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
It's impossible to download. If you can't even stream a video, how can you download a file? And where will it be stored? The DS has no hard drive, and even if you have a flash cart or a gba expansion slot, the game wasn't meant to do that, so it's capabilities cannot be stretched.

The only browser that can download something is the DSOrganize Homebrew Database, which connects to the internet through WiFi to download some homebrew and games to the DS. That is the only one.

Sorry to break the news to ya. =/

P

pasc

gapman416 said:
It's impossible to download. If you can't even stream a video, how can you download a file? And where will it be stored? The DS has no hard drive, and even if you have a flash cart or a gba expansion slot, the game wasn't meant to do that, so it's capabilities cannot be stretched.

The only browser that can download something is the DSOrganize Homebrew Database, which connects to the internet through WiFi to download some homebrew and games to the DS. That is the only one.

Sorry to break the news to ya. =/

Thats not entirely true... the opera browser already downloads something when it loads pages and pictures.

Anyways, they get only saved to the temp ext. ram.

DSOrganize can download stuff. I once even downloaded a dementium trailer from moonbooks or a podcast ( at 20 kb/s) from gbatemp.

it is possible. but sadly not usable due to:

a) speed

and

b) the DS not being able to play flash properly (yet)

I wished a flashplayer would be doable...

JPdensetsu

Trophies
Website
youtube.com
XP
Country
Taiwan
with DS organise you can download games and other things
tongue.gif

DanTheManMS

aka Ricochet Otter
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I usually use DSLinux for downloading stuff (the Links browser is good for that), as it has an unzipping tool and a DLDI patcher that can be used if needed. Of course, you'd need slot-2 RAM to do it, but it's still a good option.

P

pasc

DanTheManMS said:
I usually use DSLinux for downloading stuff (the Links browser is good for that), as it has an unzipping tool and a DLDI patcher that can be used if needed. Of course, you'd need slot-2 RAM to do it, but it's still a good option.

And I use DSOrganize and DSCompress ^^.

BTW: What commands are needed to get this stuff to work ?

DanTheManMS

aka Ricochet Otter
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The DSLinux wiki has information on how to connect to your wireless network. After that, just type "links sitename.com" to go to that site. You'll have to learn some keyboard shortcuts, though there's also the menu which you can get to by pressing Esc. When saving a file, it saves in "/linux/home/filename.ext" by default, though if you want to store it on the root of your card, use "/media/filename.ext" instead.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: i think im a bad person