ROM Hack Opera browser rom hack

twijtje

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Hello!
Does anyone know if there is a rom hack for the Opera DS Browser?
I wanna use it without any expansion pack!
Please help me!
bow.gif

twiztidsinz

Taiju Yamada Fan
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
quikshadow said:
dewback said:

Actually from i read(by skimming) it works, but you need an EZ flash (i dont know why though). Anyone want to elaborate mroe?
The Opera Browser comes with a Slot-2 pack with RAM.
There is a patch for the Opera Browser to make it use ?any? RAM pack as the original, but I think the EZ-Flash 3-in-1 easiest one to use.

xxRAG3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
are you asking if opera browser can be used without a slot 2 ram thingy? K. Here I go.
NO. NONONONO NOOOOOOOO NO.

NO.

WildWon

EXTERMINATE!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
As everyone else has said, nope. No hacks to be able to run Rom-only (with no extended ram). You need a slot-2 ram extension to use OprahOpera-DS
smile.gif

raulpica

With your drill, thrust to the sky!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
twijtje said:
I thought that it can use the space on the microSD card
unsure.gif

Sorry for bad english
wink.gif
Nope, it'd be too slow (slow as in UNUSABLE) and it would also require massive hacking to make it work that way.

Not worth the effort and nobody is going to do it. Just get a Slot-2 SuperCard (not the Rumble ones) or a EZ 3-in-1 or an EWIN Expansion Pack.

Mist3rJ3r3my

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
You must have some sort of slot-2 card to use the Opera Browser (ez-flash, supercard)

DSOrganize and Bunjalloo are the only solutions I've heard that run only as a slot-1 and do not need slot-2

Erizo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Can i just buy the expansion pack and use the rom? xD Any expansion pack anyone would recommend? Are there any other advantages of it?

Thanks
tongue.gif

twiztidsinz

Taiju Yamada Fan
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Erizo said:
Can i just buy the expansion pack and use the rom? xD Any expansion pack anyone would recommend? Are there any other advantages of it?

Thanks
tongue.gif
Not sure why I'm replying since you didn't bother to read the thread....

twiztidsinz said:
quikshadow said:
Actually from i read(by skimming) it works, but you need an EZ flash (i dont know why though). Anyone want to elaborate mroe?The Opera Browser comes with a Slot-2 pack with RAM.
There is a patch for the Opera Browser to make it use ?any? RAM pack as the original, but I think the EZ-Flash 3-in-1 easiest one to use.QUOTE(koffieleut @ Feb 12 2009, 01:05 AM) I used the internet browser with Supercard SD in slot 2, it works fine. its a cheaper solution
QUOTE(raulpica @ Feb 19 2009, 02:28 PM)
Just get a Slot-2 SuperCard (not the Rumble ones) or a EZ 3-in-1 or an EWIN Expansion Pack.

Erizo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I had actually read the whole thread. If you'd read my reply, you'd think that it's somewhat more focused into the expansion rather than hacking the rom, and that it has different questions, such as the one of the advantages of the expansion.

But thanks
smile.gif

twiztidsinz

Taiju Yamada Fan
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Erizo said:
Can i just buy the expansion pack and use the rom? xDYou say "the expansion pack", since you "the" rather than "a" we are to infer that you are speaking about the official one.. if so, you might as well buy the game.
QUOTE(Erizo @ Feb 22 2009, 05:00 PM) Any expansion pack anyone would recommend?
Here you ask for suggestions of expansion packs, to which I answered by quoting from the thread which had suggestions.

Erizo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Decided to go with the ezflash 3-in-1, hopefully the browser, the rumble and the ability to play GBA games make up for the price xDDD

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    A @ anotherthing: The Nintendo servers are going down in 9 days anyway.