OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
Hello everyone,

I have edited the Opera rom and I noticed some cool things that I would like to share with you. It always bugged me that you first have to launch Opera, and then click a page you want to go to. Well, here are the steps to make your own custom start page:

1. Use DSlazy to unpack your Opera (nds file) rom. You will get a NDS_UNPACK directory. This will contain the files of the rom.

2. Go to the folder "data", and then to the folder "en" (or the language code that you've set opera to). This will bring up some files. The startpage.html is the one that loads up at startup. Edit it with notepad or something. You will notice some html code. Now, edit the following:

Directly under the tag, place this (where YOURSTARTPAGE is, your startpage (how fascinating!
bow.gif
):
Code:
function startpage()
{
window.location="http://YOURSTARTPAGE";
}

Next replace the BODY tag with this:
CODE
This will automatically execute the code added above, and will take us to our startpage. Also, this will offcourse directly connect you with your wifi connection.

That's it! Now when you fire up opera, it connects and then loads the startpage. If you have a flash cart that enables default booting (like the R4) it's even more easy. I only have to power my NDS and it loads my custom startpage.

It's also possible to edit the help file. This is located in the same folder as startpage.html. It's called "gettingstarted.html". Edit this just like startpage.html and the next time you press the ? icon you are taken to your custom page you specified! If you want to edit the ? icon in like a GBAtemp icon, you can find the icon in the folder data\urlicons and it's called help.png and help_t.png. You can edit those if you want. When you're done, you can repack it with DSlazy and put the .NDS on your ds and you're done.

If you need any help, please ask here.

Mark

FrozenOne23

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
Thats actually pretty cool but I must admit, I forgot the Opera browser even existed
unsure.gif

I'm using it everyday. Not to load full webpages but just for short checking certain news sites and my mailbox. For using mobile versions/pda versions of webpages it's very good. As my custom startpage I've set my (php written) start page with all news feeds combined in one page so I can lookup the latest news quickly.

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Check some of the background files: they are all standard PC formats (bar the keyboard which I seem to recall was a normal uncompressed standard GBA/DS format file).
I seem to recall ages ago when the Japanese version appeared Chuckstudios made a firefox mod (which was pretty pointless at the time as it was to be several months before triforce appeared with a patch).

FrozenOne23

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
Check some of the background files: they are all standard PC formats (bar the keyboard which I seem to recall was a normal uncompressed standard GBA/DS format file).
I seem to recall ages ago when the Japanese version appeared Chuckstudios made a firefox mod (which was pretty pointless at the time as it was to be several months before triforce appeared with a patch).

Yea you can edit even more as what I mentioned.

arctic_flame

GBAtemp ATMEGA8 Fan
Trophies
XP
Country
This is news? Lots of people did this before the triforce patches even came out.

Also, triforce gained many "lame" points for replacing the opera logo png file with their own.

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
@jamesalfred check out some of the homebrew browsers, most can do without ram (although it does improve the situation) and work great.
DSOrganize (inbuilt and pretty good)
DSlinux (retawq)
DSHobro (uses a client on your PC and serves to your DS)
Bunjalloo: http://code.google.com/p/quirkysoft/

Those are your main 4 and you can also use other apps to check email, FTP, IRC, various other chat protocols, google earth and the like.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Were actually bots