Homebrew Opening 2 Apps/Games at once ? (O3DS Trough Exploit)

ProfiSuchti

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Hey there,

i have Installed CFW successfully on my O3Ds XL ago few Months and Updated to the newest Version with CFW (V11 i think).

I wanted to ask: Is there a Tweak that i can open/Install with my HB/FBI that allows me having 1x Game/App in the Background of my O3Ds XL and one that is actually "Running" ?

Example: I open first "Freeshop", then i start in Freeshop a Download. Now i want to play a ORIGINAL Cardridge game like Mario Kart 7 on my 3Ds WHILE in the Background the Freeshop app is running and DOWNLOADING still the Game/s.

Is this Possible ? i guess no.It would be a very great Feature :D.And yeah i know the 3Ds cant take much out. The sadest thing is: Nintendo never releases ANY Console that Supports HD/Full-HD ROFL.So i dont need to wonder why all Consoles etc. have low Memory XD.
And i dont understand why Nintendo dont Upgrades to HD (HD is Minimum for me). I mean, we have the year 2016 !. In what Time Nintendo Lifes ? still in 18 Hundred ? haha

Last edited by ProfiSuchti,

Swiftloke

Hwaaaa!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No.
Why not, you might ask?
Simply put, the 3DS is a potato. Especially the o3DS. It can barely handle one game and an applet (browser, friend list etc.) at the same time, and can't at all for extended memory games (Smash, Monster Hunter).
On a side note, the Wii U supports Full HD. Not sure what you're on about.

Sonic0509

Sometimes I'm Maryushi3
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Short answer would be just "there is no such tweak". As for long answer... too late for me to think xD But I can tell you one thing, that freeshop is not able to work in the background (or during sleep) thanks to some weird way 3DS handles wifi (while in sleep mode). And 3DS just freezes the game/app when putting it in the background. I suppose this is a measure to save valuable CPU cycles for use by internet browser or few other things you can run with a game "frozen". And I'm sure O3DS is lacking way too much power. I would consider N3DS capable but it would require some extremely hard messing around with home menu. I'm no expert at all though xD

Also (slight off-topic but still answering your question): No HD from Nintendo, because as we've seen many times, Nintendo rather focues on bringing new methods of interaction between game and the player, while all other companies race technologically first and just "borrow" Nintendo's ideas later. Touch screens, motion controls, 3D, and few other things. Personally, I'm happy with that. Games are fun, new, fresh and not just home console games re-released for portable ones. Oh, and Wii U can do 1080p pretty well ;)

Also, ninja'd by @Swiftloke :ninja:

ProfiSuchti

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Oh, i never had a Wii U, because the Small Screen i guessed that its only HQ too and not HD+.

Yeah i was sure the 3Ds cant have more than 1 Application open at same time ^^. Sad but its okay anyway.Thanks for reply.

Edit: Thanks for the Detailed Reply @Sonic0509 :D

Last edited by ProfiSuchti,

Sonic0509

Sometimes I'm Maryushi3
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Oh, i never had a Wii U, because the Small Screen i guessed that its only HQ too and not HD+.

Edit: Thanks for the Detailed Reply @Sonic0509 :D

Actually, the Wii U's gamepad has a 854x480px screen. 1080p video and sound through BT or whatever Wii U uses to communicate with gamepads can't be easy to achieve ;)

And not detailed at all xD

EDIT: Sorry, not BT! More like wifi. So yes, that (gamepad's screen)'s the area where Wii U is... a bit underpowered >.< But still, I challenge anyone to find another console that's able to display 1080p on a TV and 480p on two wireless displays :P

Last edited by Sonic0509,
Reactions: ProfiSuchti

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/@legolambs