Open Source Epic Games Launcher/Storefront

Luke94

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Is there gonna be open source Epic Games Launcher sooner or later? Is it possible or not? Is it impossible? Had anyone tried doing it already or still not,yet?

RHOPKINS13

Geek
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There's also Rare and Legendary. I'm not sure what your point is? Heroic looks great IMO, and has different themes, and you can customize it with your own CSS if you want to.

Epic Games Launcher itself is not open source, and likely never will be. I don't know what the point would be of developing an open source version with the intent of copying the original's design.

If you're just trying to run Epic Games Launcher on Linux, it works fine via Proton / Wine / Lutris.

Luke94

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
There's also Rare and Legendary. I'm not sure what your point is? Heroic looks great IMO, and has different themes, and you can customize it with your own CSS if you want to.

Epic Games Launcher itself is not open source, and likely never will be. I don't know what the point would be of developing an open source version with the intent of copying the original's design.

If you're just trying to run Epic Games Launcher on Linux, it works fine via Proton / Wine / Lutris.
I guess GameSpy became open-source. I wanted to add Jazz Jackrabbit 3D to the Epic Games Launcher.

RHOPKINS13

Geek
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I guess GameSpy became open-source. I wanted to add Jazz Jackrabbit 3D to the Epic Games Launcher.
GameSpy never "became open-source." It shut down. OpenSpy was created as a clone, so that people would still be able to play their GameSpy games online.

If Epic Games Store shuts down, there won't be an "open-source clone." Your only "alternative" would be either another store, like Steam, or piracy.

Heroic will let you add other non-Epic games to your library. You also may want to take a look at Playnite, which also has a variety of themes available:
https://playnite.link/

Luke94

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
GameSpy never "became open-source." It shut down. OpenSpy was created as a clone, so that people would still be able to play their GameSpy games online.

If Epic Games Store shuts down, there won't be an "open-source clone." Your only "alternative" would be either another store, like Steam, or piracy.

Heroic will let you add other non-Epic games to your library. You also may want to take a look at Playnite, which also has a variety of themes available:
https://playnite.link/
Yeah I heard of that too.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto