OP
Trophies
XP

Myria

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Surprised nobody's noticed this but @Myria has released a python tool that converts raw gateway save dumps into powersaves compatible backups. Tested and it works.
https://github.com/Myriachan/Powersaves3DS

Yes; yellows8 doesn't have a Powersaves 3DS, so he asked whether I did, and I do. After noticing that the saves would likely work if converted, I reverse-engineered the Powersaves 3DS file format and made that tool, so that yellows8 could release a Powersaves build of his oothax.

I put it on GitHub in case someone else wanted it. It wasn't exactly secret.

Deleted member 373223

Pink = Best colour
OP
Trophies
XP
Yes; yellows8 doesn't have a Powersaves 3DS, so he asked whether I did, and I do. After noticing that the saves would likely work if converted, I reverse-engineered the Powersaves 3DS file format and made that tool, so that yellows8 could release a Powersaves build of his oothax.

I put it on GitHub in case someone else wanted it. It wasn't exactly secret.
sorry but the name of the powersaves oothax file that are downloade from github doesn't work because of name that must be changed. and isn't sure that it works. oot3d have two version. an "old" one and a "new" one, a "old" file can't go on a "new" cartdrigde, or a "new" save can't go on a "old" cardridge.

noobmeonce

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey all I'm having a slight issue here. I have the save image from the cart "AQEEc67fecff"_2015-11-18_02-51-44_(ZeldaOoT3D).bin"
which I haven't found in the new repository. I bought a used "as is" Powersaves from Amazon that I managed to
get working with an older version of the software. I can install a save file ok by just renaming one of the
saves to my save name above and the hack "seems" to work, but I get the black and white squares only
on the exploit execution followed by the message "now loading homemenu.ropbin" and a return back to the home
menu. When I had the file on the root of the card, it would do the same thing. Do I need another save?
I tried 3 of them so far.

zoogie

playing around in the end of life
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Micronesia, Federated States of
Hey all I'm having a slight issue here. I have the save image from the cart "AQEEc67fecff"_2015-11-18_02-51-44_(ZeldaOoT3D).bin"
which I haven't found in the new repository. I bought a used "as is" Powersaves from Amazon that I managed to
get working with an older version of the software. I can install a save file ok by just renaming one of the
saves to my save name above and the hack "seems" to work, but I get the black and white squares only
on the exploit execution followed by the message "now loading homemenu.ropbin" and a return back to the home
menu. When I had the file on the root of the card, it would do the same thing. Do I need another save?
I tried 3 of them so far.
Use the save files here:
https://github.com/yellows8/oot3dhax/releases

Make sure boot.3dsx is in your sd card root.
Try both cart save types.

noobmeonce

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Use the save files here:
https://github.com/yellows8/oot3dhax/releases

Make sure boot.3dsx is in your sd card root.
Try both cart save types.

Yeah I'm using that exact zip. The up to date "starter" package from Smea's page is extracted to the root of my SD as well. So I <i>don't</i> need the ropbin file in the root for this expoit to work?

Guess I've got more saves to try... xD Also so the "New" files are the "POST5 and "Old" save files are
the N3DS? Is there any way to know what the version of my cart is by looking at a serial number
on it or something?

zoogie

Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Yeah I'm using that exact zip. The up to date "starter" package from Smea's page is extracted to the root of my SD as well. So I <i>don't</i> need the ropbin file in the root for this expoit to work?

Guess I've got more saves to try... xD Also so the "New" files are the "POST5 and "Old" save files are
the N3DS? Is there any way to know what the version of my cart is by looking at a serial number
on it or something?
Tell me what system and full firmware version you have and I'll tell you what to use.
You don't put the ropbin in the root, just boot.3dsx.

zoogie

Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
saveimages_powersaves/cardids_c2fe009000000000/usa/POST5_U_22528_usa_9221.bin
and if that doesn't work...
saveimages_powersaves/cardids_45fe009000000000/usa/POST5_U_22528_usa_9221.bin

noobmeonce

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
saveimages_powersaves/cardids_c2fe009000000000/usa/POST5_U_22528_usa_9221.bin
and if that doesn't work...
saveimages_powersaves/cardids_45fe009000000000/usa/POST5_U_22528_usa_9221.bin

You're the man! How did you know just by the firmware? I thought those were game i.d.'s
Well anyway, I have Homebrew browser again and didn't have to spend a small fortune
on Cubic Ninja. xD You have my utmost thanks. :)

Reactions: zoogie
D

Deleted User

^ The ropbin/otherapp download page on smea's site tells you the version number if you put in the firmware version ;)

Reactions: noobmeonce

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    DinohScene @ DinohScene: ahh nothing beats a coffee disaronno at work