Homebrew OoT3Dhax with powersaves Help

Morning_Fresh

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hi there,

I've been trying for a couple days now to region unlock my OLD 3ds with homebrew. My OLD 3ds was originally at ver 9.9.0-26U and I had a copy of OoT3D so I decided that OoT3DHax with datel powersaves would be my best course of action. I managed to get the right saves on my cart and got the homebrew starter kit (including the boot/3dsx file of course) on my sd card. Once I started up the game everything loaded up fine: when I got to the game the first save file was "Hax******e*..." and pressing A brought up the homebrew startup. However, after the first prompt comes up on screen that says "successfully acquired ropbin" then it just crashes and sends me back to the home menu. After trying 100 more times with different save datas and messing with my SD card, I updated to the latest firmware (10.3.0-28U) and even with the corresponding save on my oot3d cart it continued to crash. Strange part is, the same effect happens when I have no SD card plugged in or if I use a incorrect save version on my oot cart. I've been trying everything I can and search on the internet everywhere but to no avail. Any suggestions or help are kindly appreciated!

Thank you!

Last edited by Morning_Fresh,

AmandaRose

Do what I do. Hold tight and pretend it’s a plan
Trophies
Website
www.rockstarnorth.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
First of all it sounds like your sd card is set up wrong please post your file structure secondly bad mistake in updating the 3ds you have now lost out on using oot to set up menuhax which would have meant you would only have needed to use oot once to set up menuhax then manuhax would load homebrew without you needing to have oot plugged into the 3ds all the time.

Morning_Fresh

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
First of all it sounds like your sd card is set up wrong please post your file structure secondly bad mistake in updating the 3ds you have now lost out on using oot to set up menuhax which would have meant you would only have needed to use oot once to set up menuhax then manuhax would load homebrew without you needing to have oot plugged into the 3ds all the time.
Damn, I knew I would regret updating. This isn't even the first console I've hacked too, you think I would learn. Anyways my SD is built as such: In the root of the SD is the boot.3dsx file, "DCMI" folder, "Themes" Folder, "Nintendo 3DS" folder, and "3DS" folder. Within the 3DS folder are the homebrew folder apps: CHMM2, ftbrony, hans, install, menuhax_manager, mgba, oot3dhax_installer, qtm, scrtool, and two files eshop.smdh and eshop.xml. Most of those folders just contain the corresponding .3dsx, .smdh, and .xml files. oothaxinstaller also contains three save0x.bin file for each region. If you need any more info just let me know, thanks for the quick reply!

Edit: forgot to meantion I have a bin file named POST5_U
_23552_usa_9221.bin downloaded from smea's 3ds hacking github

Last edited by Morning_Fresh,

chaoszerobillion

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The same exact thing with the homebrew ropbin happens to me exact I have ironhax, does that mean I have the files set up wrong too?

AmandaRose

Do what I do. Hold tight and pretend it’s a plan
Trophies
Website
www.rockstarnorth.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hmm looks like its set up fine so lets try trouble shoot some things first of all did you make sure you picked the right hax save for your fireware and region and did you also make sure it was the save for 10.3 old 3ds if so what to do is try to remove all failed from the SD card apart from the ninjhax 2.5 boot.3ds file and tell me what happens.

Last edited by AmandaRose,

Morning_Fresh

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hmm looks like its set up fine so lets try trouble shoot some things first of all did you make sure you picked the right hax save for your fireware and region and did you also make sure it was the save for 10.3 old 3ds if so what to do is try to remove all failed from the SD card apart from the ninjhax 2.5 boot.3ds file and tell me what happens.
I redownloaded all my saves to make sure that my save was up to date with my firmware and launched it again without changing my sd. Same result. Then I took everything out of my SD, moved it to a backup, and got my boot.3dsx and somehow, it worked. I'm looking at the homebrew screen right now, thanks so much Marko!

D

Deleted-236924

The error OP is getting is because they don't have the right payload for their 3DS version. It doesn't get to the point where it would try to load boot.3dsx, so the files on SD card shouldn't matter yet.
oot3dhax should be compatible with 10.3.0-28U, it works for me. So if it doesn't work even with the right save files, then something must be wrong with the saves themselves.

You got the save files from here, right?
The one you need for OLD 10.3.0-28U is POST5_U_23552_usa_9221.bin, in Powersaves folder. Will have to try both.

Last edited by ,

Faru

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The error OP is getting is because they don't have the right payload for their 3DS version. It doesn't get to the point where it would try to load boot.3dsx, so the files on SD card shouldn't matter yet.
oot3dhax should be compatible with 10.3.0-28U, it works for me. So if it doesn't work even with the right save files, then something must be wrong with the saves themselves.

You got the save files from here, right?
The one you need for OLD 10.3.0-28U is POST5_U_23552_usa_9221.bin, in Powersaves folder. Will have to try both.
I have a N3DS on 10.3 (fuuuuuuuuuuq) what is it?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: But I bet that would be more for a flashcart than a consumer repro board.