OOT3d homebrew question

Discussion in '3DS - Homebrew Development and Emulators' started by Challup, Oct 4, 2016.

1. Challup
    OP

Challup Newbie

Newcomer
    Oct 4, 2016
    Hong Kong
    Hi all, I just recently bought a New 3DS since I had a regular DS about 4 years ago or so (could be longer) and I used to get all my homebrews and roms from this site back when you just needed a flashcart with a micro SD to load all the games. Anyway been lurking on here for a while now and I finally got the hang of using the OOT3d hax to get into the homebrew menu with the actual cartridge. I may possibly be retarded and may have misread or overlooked some of the tutorials but is it possible to get to the homebrew menu without having to switch to the OOT cartridge each time? Im still on 11.0.0-33U and wondering if its worth updating yet.

Again, sorry if the info is in plain sight and I missed it.

Thanks for the help

2. KunoichiZ

KunoichiZ GBAtemp Guru

Mar 16, 2012
    United States
    Since you're still on 11.0, use OOT3Dhax to set up menuhax, which should be in the Homebrew Starter kit. That way, when you boot your system, menuhax should boot you into the Homebrew Launcher. Or as your system is booting, you hold down a certain button to launch in to your Home Menu. There's an option for you to choose and that will allow you to assign what button to press to get back to the Home Menu when you hold it.

Challup likes this.
  3. Challup
    OP

Challup Newbie

Newcomer
    Oct 4, 2016
    Hong Kong
    Thanks i'll check it out! but if I setup menuhax, can I update to the newest firmware for the 3DS still or will it delete it?

4. KunoichiZ

KunoichiZ GBAtemp Guru

Mar 16, 2012
    United States
    Menuhax is broken on 11.1.
    If you want to keep menuhax set up, DO NOT UPDATE TO 11.1!

Challup likes this.
  5. Challup
    OP

Challup Newbie

Newcomer
    Oct 4, 2016
    Hong Kong
    thanks man, I will definitely keep an Eye out then.