OoT hax + a 'fresh' OoT .cia install?

Discussion in '3DS - Homebrew Development and Emulators' started by saxon48, Jan 19, 2016.

1. saxon48
    OP

saxon48 Member

Newcomer
    Jan 9, 2016
    United States
    Currently using a N3DSXL, sysNAND 9.2, emuNAND 10.4 (via ReiNAND 3.1), and OoThax (physical cartridge) as my entrypoint into HBL, CtrBootManager, emuNAND, etc...

Since OoT hax renders the game unplayabale, would there be any harm in installing a .cia of OoT on my emuNAND, so as to play the game separate from the cartridge with the hax that is installed on it?

Haven't seen this question asked before.

2. ih8ih8sn0w

ih8ih8sn0w Koreaboo

Aug 22, 2015
    United States
    Hell
  3. saxon48
    OP

saxon48 Member

Newcomer
    Jan 9, 2016
    United States
    Good to know!

Regarding menuhax, it's never had that great of a boot rate for me. Not sure why, but OoT has been a far more reliable entrypoint in my (limited) experience. Also, my NANDs are currently separated, so I am probably (?) past the point of being able to install menuhax on sysNAND (also complicated by the fact that I am using custom themes on emuNAND).

4. ih8ih8sn0w

ih8ih8sn0w Koreaboo

Aug 22, 2015
    United States
    Hell
    You can use OoThax to install menuhax onto sysNAND and there are ways to improve the bootrate (you will have to search on here for the tutorial)

saxon48 likes this.
  5. saxon48
    OP

saxon48 Member

Newcomer
    Jan 9, 2016
    United States
    Will do, thanks. Also, nice username, presuming it's a jailbreak reference :P

Edit: OoT .cia up and running in emuNAND with no issues! Can still boot from sysNAND with the OoT cartridge! :D

6. narutonic

narutonic GBAtemp Regular

Feb 21, 2015
    France
    Juste a little question.
    Every OOT Cartridge works ? I heard that some cartridge have an update and can't launch OOTHax ?

7. CrispyYoshi

CrispyYoshi GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Mar 20, 2010
    United States
    I think that's outdated information, actually: Every OoT cart should work now, as long as you inject the proper payload save

8. narutonic

narutonic GBAtemp Regular

Feb 21, 2015
    France
    Danke.
    Because i dont want to make someone buy something useless ^^