Reactions: Rydian

Sephtenshi

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I'm 100% sure that it didn't have a hidden partition. It seemed the problem was that even though they had the correct order of letters, they were made in the "wrong" order, NTFS first and FAT32 second. A friend said to me that it couldn't be changed without formatting.

Yamanai

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sephtenshi, you think you could help me out with this? I'm pretty sure I'm having the exact same problem. I'm using a Seagate 1TB HDD (FAT32, 32kb, ETC..[about which I've checked and checked again])

I've tried many different versions/combinations of Configurable (CFG) USBloader and DIOS MIOS to no avail.

This is killing me. I've spent (very much literally) about 8 hours trying to crack this.
I successfully installed Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn (Wii) to begin with, then went through the DM crap, and was trying to install Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance (GCN).

If it's not too much to ask, could you maybe walk me through what you did to fix this?

Thanks in advance,
Yamanai

Yamanai

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm installing from a physical disk directly onto the HDD. I don't think DMToolbox would help me.
Not sure what the rest of that even means.

Yamanai

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is this what you mean?

Attachments

• DiskManagement.JPG
    DiskManagement.JPG
    118 KB · Views: 144

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I'm pretty sure I'm having the exact same problem.
Is this what you mean?
His problem was that he had 2 partitions, and the first partition was NTFS, not FAT32.
You have only one partition, and it's FAT32, so it's fine. Totally not the same problem.

Your problem :
You are using Extended + Logical partition type.
You need PRIMARY partition type.

You can probably change the partition type using a partition manager, like Easus.
or if you don't care to re-format the partition, use the windows HDD utility (like in your picture), to delete the extended partition (the green outer's part) and create a primary partition instead. Then format to FAT32 again.

Yamanai

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh, I could've sworn I chose "Primary" when I was formatting my HDD with Easeus. I'll check/change it when I get home.

I appreciate the help.

Yamanai

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I converted it to primary without a problem.

Now another potential problem: After I did that, I used Diskmgmt.msc and now it's showing an "unallocated" (partition?).
I already knew it existed, but it didn't surface on Diskmgmt until after I converted to Primary.

Would this pose a problem? I'll post another picture.

Attachments

• UnallocatedSpace.JPG
    UnallocatedSpace.JPG
    115.4 KB · Views: 170

Sephtenshi

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Sorry I was too late, I'm in the middle of my finals here, bud...

Anyway, sounds like your prob wasn't exactly like mine. But I'll tell you what worked for me anyways: All I did was reformat the HDD > create a FAT32 partition for the backups (primary) and a NTFS partition for my backups (logical). The important thing here is the order, because from what I've seen, doesn't really matter what you number/lavel them, the order of creation defines the order the partitions are read by the Wii system.

If you need anything else PM me and I'll send you my skype address, I'm more active there. (Although I'm sure the guys here can help you much more than I can, specially Cyan, dude knows everything)

Yamanai

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I wish there was somewhere I could go from. This thread was the only one that sounded close to my problem, while all the other ones involve seeing the DIOS MIOS logo and THEN a black screen. I literally have no idea what to do or where to look for answers. I've checked on every solution I've come across and I've tried multiple USB drives (Seagate 1TB HDD, Team 1GB Flash Drive, 8GB SD card [with USB reader]).

I'm at a loss.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
About the unallocated area:

it depends how it's refereed to into the partition table.
For information, the partition table can hold 4 partitions.
A B C D

DIOS MIOS Always mount partition A.

If the unallocated area is marked as first partition type "unallocated", and your FAT32 as second partition, then it's not working with DIOS MIOS.
A = unallocated, starting at sector 1
B = FAT32, starting at sector 16 (16 x 512Bytes = 8192Byte = 8MB)
DIOS MIOS = not working

if the unallocated area is only "not marked at all", and the First partition information is the FAT32 (but with a starting sector not physically at the start of the drive) it will work with DIOS MIOS.
A = FAT32 starting at sector 16 (the 8MB before that partition at not referenced at all)
DIOS MIOS = working

To fix your problem, I suggest you use Easus to fuse both unused and FAT32 partition into a single one, or move your FAT32 partition at the start of your device.

But you said you tried different USB devices, so maybe your problem is something else.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: :ninja: