Only backed up raw Gpp. Am I screwed?

Discussion in 'Switch - Exploits, Custom Firmwares & Soft Mods' started by Briyoda, Dec 6, 2018.

1. Briyoda
    OP

Briyoda GBAtemp Regular

Dec 11, 2016
    United States
    I hacked my switch. Backed up gpp and did bannable things to my switch. Is it recoverable? I had no idea you needed boot0/1 since the guide I used was unclear.

2. Briyoda
    OP

Briyoda GBAtemp Regular

Dec 11, 2016
    United States
    My backup folder [​IMG]
    https://gyazo.com/c48fab06635a38f00ef877c1478a6205

(restore is empty except for an empty partitions folder)

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

Basically what I'm asking if it's safe to go online with a hacked boot0/1 backup, but clean everything else.

3. JJTapia19

JJTapia19 I fight for my friends.

May 31, 2015
    Puerto Rico
    Was the nand backup made from an earlier firmware version as your current one? Or you're still on the same firmware version in which the backup was created on?

4. Briyoda
    OP

Briyoda GBAtemp Regular

Dec 11, 2016
    United States
    Same firmware

5. JJTapia19

May 31, 2015
    Puerto Rico
    Then you should be good by only restoring rawnand.bin. The only hack that modifies the boot0 or boot1 is autorcm but if don't have that or uninstall it if you do, your Boot 1and 0 are safe for online use.

6. Briyoda
    OP

Briyoda GBAtemp Regular

Dec 11, 2016
    United States
    AWESOME! Do I have to make one file with all the parts or does it do it for me? Also thank you so much

7. JJTapia19

May 31, 2015
    Puerto Rico
    First create a new raw gpp nand backup in case anything goes wrong.
    After that yeah you need merge all you lr rawnand.bin parts to one file with the joiner script. You can find the link below the hekate.zip on their github page https://github.com/CTCaer/hekate/releases

Then place the rawnand.bin on this directory sd/Backup/<eMMC S/N>/Restore/rawnand.bin and restore with hekate. For now only exFAT is supported. No partial restoring.