Online Play With Loadiine

Discussion in 'Wii U - Hacking & Backup Loaders' started by ImJustSummit, May 1, 2017.

1. ImJustSummit
    OP

ImJustSummit Member

Newcomer
    May 1, 2017
    United States
    Is this a possibility by itself? I heard it is possible with IOS U. If it is possible can someone explain or link me to a tutorial?

2. H1B1Esquire

H1B1Esquire RxTools, the ultimate CFW machine.

Nov 2, 2016
    United States
    Earth, bro-dude.
    I recommend you to use USB installs, unless you don't have multiple flash drives/ext. HDD.

You'll be glad you did it.

There's a guide stickied in the Wii U forums.
    ------
    Also, there's a chance everything will get corrupted, eventually for either choice (Loadiine/USB), but Loadiine will attach a loading-phase to a lot of games well before corruption occurs, i.e. TLoZ:TP on USB is like the retail release; TLoZ:TP on Loadiine will load data between each screen for 10 seconds--literally loading data for ten seconds when it should be ~one second.

Last edited by H1B1Esquire, May 1, 2017
  3. ImJustSummit
    OP

ImJustSummit Member

Newcomer
    May 1, 2017
    United States
    So USB is superior and online play works? Does it not work for loadiine? Also does the USB Way have game icons on the home menu?

4. mrjezbud

mrjezbud GBAtemp Regular

Oct 14, 2015
    the USB method works as if you had bought them. they can be updated and played online. they launch from the homescreen

cvskid likes this.
  5. H1B1Esquire

H1B1Esquire RxTools, the ultimate CFW machine.

Nov 2, 2016
    United States
    Earth, bro-dude.
    I wouldn't say completely superior, as Loadiine lets you use .json cfgs for certain games. Online play might work with Loadiine, but the constant loading will probably screw you. USB is like having a literal retail release--you can even install it to your NAND.

6. Kafluke

Kafluke GBAtemp Psycho!

May 6, 2006
    United States
    To answer OP directly. No, loadiine does NOT work online.

cvskid likes this.
  7. ImJustSummit
    OP

ImJustSummit Member

Newcomer
    May 1, 2017
    United States
    Does this not apply to loadiine?

8. mrjezbud

mrjezbud GBAtemp Regular

Oct 14, 2015
    nope. loadiine is offline only and you have to launch loadiine from hbl

cvskid likes this.
  9. ImJustSummit
    OP

ImJustSummit Member

Newcomer
    May 1, 2017
    United States
    Thank you. Can you or someone's else link me to this USB guide? Also can you explain iOSU?

10. mrjezbud

mrjezbud GBAtemp Regular

Oct 14, 2015
    look at a Haxchi and then coldboot haxchi. thats the best way

cvskid likes this.
  11. ImJustSummit
    OP

ImJustSummit Member

Newcomer
    May 1, 2017
    United States
    What's haxchi? I was told the USB method could be found as a sticky on the home page but this says nothing about haxchi.

Last edited by ImJustSummit, May 1, 2017
  12. mrjezbud

mrjezbud GBAtemp Regular

Oct 14, 2015
    its a DS game exploit. allows you to do the exploits without the browser

cvskid likes this.
  13. F4LK

F4LK GBAtemp Regular

Jan 9, 2017
    Sweden
    DS exploit.
    You buy a DS game from the e-shop like yoshi touch & go (check the haxchi thread for compatible games)
    run haxchi installer and then, you can use the DS game you bought to launch the homebrew launcher and more.
    No more internet needed.

14. mrjezbud

mrjezbud GBAtemp Regular

Oct 14, 2015
  15. ImJustSummit
    OP

ImJustSummit Member

Newcomer
    May 1, 2017
    United States
    Last edited by ImJustSummit, May 1, 2017
  16. mrjezbud

mrjezbud GBAtemp Regular

Oct 14, 2015
  17. Kafluke

Kafluke GBAtemp Psycho!

May 6, 2006
    United States
    Read my noob guide in the stickies. It explains everything

18. TheTechGenius

TheTechGenius </Web Dev>

Apr 7, 2017
    United States
    Yes, please follow Kafluke's Noob Guide. He explains everything in detail, basically everything you need to know about running Custom Firmware, including how to install custom firmware.

But a word of advice, read the entire noob guide over and over again until you understand everything your about to do to your WiiU, before you even touch your WiiU to install any homebrew and/or Custom Firmware. Because most of the WiiU bricks could of been avoided if the user would of read and understood the full guide. So many people skim through the guide and read and follow just a few steps of the process without actually reading what "Not" to do, and what will cause a brick.

Please just read the entire guide until you understand it fully. If you have any questions, or there is something you don't fully understand, post on the forum, the community is always ready to help anyone that needs it. Don't be afraid to ask a question on the forums, it could be the difference between a successful custom firmware install, and brick.

Kafluke likes this.
  19. ImJustSummit
    OP

ImJustSummit Member

Newcomer
    May 1, 2017
    United States
    Ok i have a new question so hopefully someone sees this because i cannot post a new thread for a few hours. I am using the USB method and im curious. I want to download super smash bros via uTikDownloadHelper. My question is that there are 2 boxes, one says title which i assume is the game and the other says update. If i accept the update box will i be able to proceed as normal and it will be the most up to date version of the game or am i better off just downloading the title and updating via the system. I am a beginner when it comes to this so i will do whichever is simplest.

20. Kafluke

Kafluke GBAtemp Psycho!

May 6, 2006
    United States
    Either way will produce the same results. I normally just update through the Wii U. Unless I'm getting a new game. Then I just grab the update along with the game