Hacking One XBLA game (Portal: Still Alive) does not return to Aurora on exit

NormalMisha

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I have about 30 or so XBLA games which launch fine in Aurora and return to Aurora dash on exit. I just added Portal: Still Alive (to replace The Orange Box), but on exit it returns me to the stock dash. Does anybody know how the auto return stuff works? Presumably this one (or a few) game is programmed to do something slightly different on exit and Aurora\dashlauch has no hook for that thing.

Have you ever seen this with any other game? If you happen to have Portal: Still Alive and Aurora, could you try it next time you're on your 360?

Cheers,

Misha

NormalMisha

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Addition: It only does this if you exit the game using the game's Exit menu item. If you exit via the Guide button it goes back to Aurora.

How queer, but no biggy.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The stock dash is called dash.xex iirc. It's probably not possible to get that exit command to work with dashlaunch.

NormalMisha

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
The stock dash is called dash.xex iirc. It's probably not possible to get that exit command to work with dashlaunch.

Yeah, it's just strange, because every single other XBLA game I have works fine when you exit via the game's own Exit To Arcade menu item. Maybe Portal: Still Alive is pretty much a straight copy of the Portal code from The Orange Box so it exits differently to all other XBLA games.

Ah well, cheers.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I didn't even realize that xbla had an exit button. maybe the way that game exits is unique?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I have the game apparently, and yep, it does the same thing to me.

Reactions: NormalMisha

NormalMisha

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I didn't even realize that xbla had an exit button. maybe the way that game exits is unique?

I have the game apparently, and yep, it does the same thing to me.

Sir, thanks for checking and confirming that it fails for you too. I can sleep easy knowing that there is no point me trying to find another dump. Well, unless we have the same one and it is buggy. Very doubtful. It's bizarre that devs. weren't all forced by MS to call the exact same function (or whatever) to exit a game. The Portal guys went rogue.

Cheers.

Reactions: godreborn

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have almost the entire xbla collection, which only takes up a few hundred gigabytes. I'm missing a few games, so I'd have to use xm360 to see what those are. I was collecting those games. however, I just don't play the system anymore.

NormalMisha

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I have almost the entire xbla collection, which only takes up a few hundred gigabytes. I'm missing a few games, so I'd have to use xm360 to see what those are. I was collecting those games. however, I just don't play the system anymore.

Chuck it my niece and nephew's way then... :grog:

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
what's a game that exits to the Aurora dash with the exit or return to dash option? I'm using FSD2 btw, since it seems to work with my setup faster. I want to test it on my system, and since I have about 780 xbla games, I'll probably have the game.

HollowGrams

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

My XBLA set is 400GB and im pretty sure I only have half or so.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
don't know why. mine is less than 400GBs, and all games work:

upload_2021-5-22_16-5-42.png

000D0000 is xbla games sub folder.

Reactions: HollowGrams

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I got all mine from xbox360iso. there's a few more files beyond the 000D0000 folders. I saw one was 00007000 (possibly a mistake on my part), which I'm not sure what that means. I think 00005000 is xbox classic and 000040000 is demo. I don't have any dlc or title updates for any of the games that I know of.

there's 721 files total, so about six are not xbla.

my memory is telling me that 00007000 is god games, but I may be wrong.

HollowGrams

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I got all mine from xbox360iso. there's a few more files beyond the 000D0000 folders. I saw one was 00007000 (possibly a mistake on my part), which I'm not sure what that means. I think 00005000 is xbox classic and 000040000 is demo. I don't have any dlc or title updates for any of the games that I know of.

there's 721 files total, so about six are not xbla.

my memory is telling me that 00007000 is god games, but I may be wrong.

Correct 00007000 is GOD

XBLA:

000B0000 = Title update
000D0000 = Game
00000002 = DLC

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have most of those memorized, because I do everything manually. I even have some of the more obscure ones memorized like the ones I mentioned above. ;) I'm pretty sure those are correct. whenever I got to play an indie game in dashlaunch, it detects one demo game on my system (probably xexmenu).

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @OctoAori20, Thank you. Hope you're in good spirits today like I am. :)