Hacking One Piece UA: black screen if HDTV output is selected

dottor_male

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I have a strange problem:
I'm using component cables (HDTV/480p) and they work perfectly with everything.

I'm using a PAL wii, amd if I try to boot One Piece UA with gamma and 480p mode on, the game boot, I can hear the audio, but my tv tell me there is no video signal BUT, if in the system menu I chose 60hz (480i), the game boot fine, the only thing is a huge black bar at the bottom of the screen. (not a problem, the game is in the upper part and I can see everything)
I've tried unpatched NTSC, patched NTSC2PAL and decrypted NTSC. They all do the same thing.

Have anyone encountered this problem?

I'm using the latest GAMMA with cIOS rev7.
The setting I'm using in gamma are: Force English and Force PAL60. Other option/combinations give me the green screen.

Maybe One Piece doesn't support the component HDTV output?

theauth0r

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Hi mate, I have a similar issue posted here using a HD component cable.

I only have the problem when i use a loader from the main screen... if i go into the HBC and use the backup launcher in there it works every time.

dottor_male

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Yeah, I've read your post before posting this, but the difference is that I don't use channel loaders!
I only use the loaders from HBC and so far this is the only games that has this problem...

For example, Tatsunoko vs. Capcom works perfectly!

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I don't know how gamma is working with video mode patching, and if it works with games not intended to be run on PAL when there is no PAL signal in the game.

I'm using a modchip, and I needed to patch the video mode in One Piece UA, from NTSC 480p to PAL 480p (that video mode is not present in the main.dol), you will have to convert ntsc to pal using a tool.

The iso you are using might be one from a torrenting site saying the game was modified for PAL Wii, it was already patched for PAL 480i, but not PAL 480p.
I had to add the 480p signal in it manually.

The tools you will need to patch the video mode :

- WiiScrubber or Trucha signer
- Video mode changer or Generic Wii patcher

Extract main.dol from second partition/system/
load main.dol in a patcher and convert TV signal
replace the new main.dol in the iso, and sign the partition if using trucha
burn

QUOTE said:
so far this is the only games that has this problem...
This is the second one I'm playing.
The first game without PAL TV signal was No More Heroes US (it may not work on gamma without patching too)

dottor_male

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Thank you. I'm sure to have patched the video mode, but I don't remember to what (I think to have patched it to 480p, but I don't really remember...)
I'll try again to be sure.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=_NTF5_qgH0o