Hacking Once on 2.1 FW, how do you access HBL?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Darukeru
  • Start date Start date
  • Views Views 1,337
  • Replies Replies 12

Darukeru

Well-Known Member
Member
Joined
Apr 30, 2016
Messages
143
Reaction score
200
Trophies
2
Location
Yann
XP
1,129
Country
Mexico
I've never done it, sorry of its a noob question.

How should I re-upgrade to 9.2?
I kind of understand that browserhax works on 9.2, but what about 2.1? Will smashhax work? Or digital OoThax if I had it?
 
Smash requires at least 8.x IIRC, and OOT I'm not so sure about but there's no damn way it's playable on 2.1.
 
Smash requires at least 8.x IIRC, and OOT I'm not so sure about but there's no damn way it's playable on 2.1.
Then how are NAND backups restored? Sorry I've never did it, I'm going to follow Pialect's guide but I have doubt in these step, once dumped the OTP, where is the menu to restore the 9.2 NAND or how do you launch it?
 
Then how are NAND backups restored? Sorry I've never did it, I'm going to follow Pialect's guide but I have doubt in these step, once dumped the OTP, where is the menu to restore the 9.2 NAND or how do you launch it?
I'm pretty sure it says in the guide...?
 
  • Like
Reactions: Deleted User
Oh i see, that url hax method will allow me to dump OTP and then restore my nand, right?
Yes, it'll launch OTPHelper, in there you'll dump the OTP and then access the option to restore the sysnand (it's all in the same homebrew).
It'll have some options that are different from the HBL version of OTPHelper, so you must try to properly follow the guide.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Darukeru
I just ran into a 3ds that was already on 2.1 fw when i bought it for 50 bucks. I could not find a way to trigger hax for the life of me. Browserhax would not work with the old browser it had. Eventually i gave up and used a cart to update to what i thought was 9.2 but turned out to be 9.5 and since i used the cart it didnt update the browser so browserhax still does not work and so now i am stuck on 9.5 with no entry method. Probably going to have to buy a physical copy of OOT and then downgrade to 9.2

BTW i cannot restore my nand because i never had a nand backup as this 3ds literally came with 2.1 on it and has never had any hax or cfw installed.
 
Last edited by jujibreh,

Site & Scene News

New Hot Discussed User Submitted