Splych

GBAtemp's Lurker
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
AAHHH. I asked Windows to format a partition... It got wiped. Along side with that partition, my secondary HDD with EVERYTHING.

All my downloads, back-ups, ALL OF IT. That stuff is worth like, 6 MONTHS WORTH OF DOWNLOADS!

I am lucky enough to have my scratch. My original HDD that has Windows XP still has a few of my stuff. My MP3 player has all my songs, but I had a few that I didn't get to add. Looks like everything will be started from scratch.

A few things I had in my 2nd HDD + Partition:
- CoD4
- CoD5
- CoD6
- A bunch of back-ups of a lot of my stuff [this includes, projects I have done in my current grade, luckily, I have already handed all those in, a bunch of other games, and programs I got through the 6 months of period]
- Etc.

I am talking about around 150Gigs, deleted, and all gone. I had so much of my precious stuff there that I took FOREVER to get.

Man I am so pissed. Mainly because things like my games are all wiped. Profiles for my games are gone too. Like for CoD4 on PC, my Rank 55 has been wiped. I know it doesn't take long to get there, but everything, I mean everything I have and know like achievemnts and challengeds that I finished without cheats are gone. I even had the gold weapons on it, WITHOUT cheats.

I don't know whether or not I am gonna be doing this again. Such as back-up things and stuff. I don't know what to do either. Since it says here, it is a 498GB HDD. The HDD is suppose to be 640GB. I have no idea where 240GB of it went.

Anyway, you can make up your comments, I don't care. I am just so pissed off, all that data, GONE.

Canonbeat234

Redeemed Temper
Trophies
XP
Country
I know I'm going to get a warning for this but in all seriousness...BE FUCKING GRATEFUL!!! You're tight because you lost stuff you had obtain by illegal means. Now you're bitching about it being all gone...you seriously need to be grateful that you a HDD and that you can burn games and play on the Xbox360. I have an xbox360 but I'm not going to hack it.

You need to chill out and count your damn blessings.

sm69

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
WOW, as far as bitchn at the guy because hes upset about his work being gone that's a little much you would be too. i know i was so relax it doesn't matter how he got it it still took work,and sorry to hear bout that but you will recover

Sterling

GBAtemp's Silver Hero
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
sm69 said:
WOW, as far as bitchn at the guy because hes upset about his work being gone that's a little much you would be too. i know i was so relax it doesn't matter how he got it it still took work,and sorry to hear bout that but you will recover

I agree, don't talk down to someone, who as far as I am concerned used his valuble [?] time to download these items (legally or not) and thats as good as doing work in my opinion.

And besides, when you are a pirate, half the work is downloading it, 3/8ths of the work is getting it TO work, and 1/8 is deciding to appeciate the game/music/whatever and maybe buy it when you have funds.
wink.gif

ENDscape

REBORN! I will post with my Dying Will!!!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Dont worry, give it another six months. Besides just focus on new games/music/movies etc now. And remember to be careful next time.

TheWingless

Wafuu~
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
As long as you haven't written any new data to that partition, can't you use a file restoring program to restore all of those files to a new partition/extra HDD(can't be the same partition)? Or did you do a format that scrambled all the blocks so that it couldn't be restored or you don't have an extra HDD to restore to?

Splych

GBAtemp's Lurker
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
This made me laugh a bit:
62108648.jpg

Anyway, Canonbeat sorta confused me...
QUOTE said:
you seriously need to be grateful that you a HDD and that you can burn games and play on the Xbox360. I have an xbox360 but I'm not going to hack it.
That part :wtf:

The stuff you guys said makes a lotta sense. Just wait another 6 months. I am sure to get some new stuff back =]

I noticed that I burned some of the stuff I lost, which is good. I am currently, back-up the files in Windows XP to another HDD that is on another computer. I am gonna start from scratch... And I formatted the 2nd HDD already. I don't know if the stuff are still there though?

At least when I re-install Windows XP + 7, I won't really need to worry about anything.

Canonbeat234

Redeemed Temper
Trophies
XP
Country
Sterl500 said:
sm69 said:

I agree, don't talk down to someone, who as far as I am concerned used his valuble [?] time to download these items (legally or not) and thats as good as doing work in my opinion.

And besides, when you are a pirate, half the work is downloading it, 3/8ths of the work is getting it TO work, and 1/8 is deciding to appeciate the game/music/whatever and maybe buy it when you have funds.
wink.gif

You know you're right I didn't mean to 'flip the lip' right there. It just that most times we argue about trivial things which causes us to feel depressed, without thinking about the simple things we are grateful for. It can really surprise you just how materialistic we are, then you look at someone who doesn't have half the stuff you got living and enjoy life. So really, take it easy. You got 6 months to gain back your collection even better then before, you're still alive. Enjoy it =)

TheWingless

Wafuu~
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Splych said:
And I formatted the 2nd HDD already. I don't know if the stuff are still there though?

There are ways to restore files lost on a partition if you accidentally format it. All it does is "say" the files are not there anymore, rather than rewrite all of the blocks. There's a format option that scrambles all of the blocks so that you can't recover the files, but I believe by default, it's a quick format. Generally, the method that scrambles the blocks takes longer because it has to rewrite each of the blocks to scramble the data.

Just to show you that there is software to recover a formatted partition.

I don't know which software is best at recovering your lost files to a new HDD/partition though. It is highly recommended to not write anything new to the partition you want to recover or recover to the same partition that was formatted.

Teny

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, it sucks. I know, but they are all easily obtainable if you know how to search

Splych said:
I am talking about around 150Gigs, deleted, and all gone. I had so much of my precious stuff there that I took FOREVER to get.

Try losing 1TB of data, twice. Now I back up all my stuff on either 2 or 3 HDD depending how important are the files.

Splych said:
I don't know whether or not I am gonna be doing this again. Such as back-up things and stuff. I don't know what to do either. Since it says here, it is a 498GB HDD. The HDD is suppose to be 640GB. I have no idea where 240GB of it went.
You mean 140GB right? 240+498= 738, and if you didn't know yet, one MB equals to 1024 bytes, but on HDD, they put them as 1000 bytes for easier calculations, so when you get an 640GB, on the HDD, its 640,000,000,000 bytes, where in reality, it's actually 687,194,767,360 bytes equals to a full 640GB. So you are missing 47,194,767,360 bytes, which is about 44GB. So your 640GB should only have an maximum of 596GB. I don't know where your missing 100GB is at, either it's unallocated, not formatted, or you did another typo.

QUOTE(Splych @ Nov 16 2009, 02:30 AM)
- CoD4
- CoD5
- CoD6
- A bunch of back-ups of a lot of my stuff [this includes, projects I have done in my current grade, luckily, I have already handed all those in, a bunch of other games, and programs I got through the 6 months of period]
- Etc.

Side note - Uhh... I don't remember CoD5 or CoD6 ever coming out. Call of Duty World at War was not considered CoD5, as you may notice, you won't find a '5' on the title of the game, unlike CoD4 and below. I assume you are referring Modern Warfare 2 as CoD6, which isn't, it's Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2.

TheWingless

Wafuu~
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Teny said:
Splych said:
- CoD4
- CoD5
- CoD6
- Etc.

Side note - Uhh... I don't remember CoD5 or CoD6 ever coming out. Call of Duty World at War was not considered CoD5, as you may notice, you won't find a '5' on the title of the game, unlike CoD4 and below. I assume you are referring Modern Warfare 2 as CoD6, which isn't, it's Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2.
I don't think such technicalities matter too much. Most people should know that WaW is 5 and MW2 is 6. When Modern Warfare actually becomes it's own series, I'll care, but it didn't this time around. They are STILL the 5th and 6th INSTALLMENT of the Call of Duty series even if the title doesn't say it. I see nothing wrong in calling it CoD5 and CoD6, though I personally call WaW, CoD5 and MW2 as MW2(doesn't make sense, but I really don't care what people call it unless people make a deal out of what it should be called when they already know what they're talking about).

Just saying, that since you didn't have a problem understanding CoD5 and CoD6 were, I don't think it was necessary to point out that "they don't exist".

OSW

Wii King
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
TheWingless said:
As long as you haven't written any new data to that partition, can't you use a file restoring program to restore all of those files to a new partition/extra HDD(can't be the same partition)? Or did you do a format that scrambled all the blocks so that it couldn't be restored or you don't have an extra HDD to restore to?

Second that, recovery programs have helped me out of a pickle or two in the past
wink.gif

Splych

GBAtemp's Lurker
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Ah, well, thanks for posting at least x]

I formatted both of my HDD. I guess I am gonna start from scratch this time ^^.

It feels so nice, and clean xDD. But other than that, I guess it shouldn't be that hard. I am installing all my old important programs that I believe will come to good use for me. So far, I have these programs to download and install, legally:
- FireFox
- avast! Antivirus [home edition]
- Malwarebytes Anti-Malware [free edition]
- CPU-Z
- PC Wizard
- Garena
- Xfire
- Foxit PDF Reader

Anything else? I am gonna go download all of those things, then install em. Important stuff that I will need. Nothing useless x]. I can live with WMP, So don't tell me to get something else... Since I am only gonna be worrying about the important necessities for the computer.

raulpica

With your drill, thrust to the sky!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
GetDataBack would've recovered every SINGLE BYTE.

Happened to me with 200GBs of data. Recovered every single of them.

If you haven't still written anything on your secondary HD, you can still recover everything. Obviously don't install GetDataBack on your secondary HD nor save recovered data directly on it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    It could get banned from PSN but you can change your ID I think?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    also gonna install twilight menu in my r4 flashcard
    One thing that just occurred to me.... The sound on the 2600 sucked less back then the harsh sound we hear now is from infinitely better speakers we have now, back when the 2600 was new speakers produced a almost muffled sound, like CRTs made old graphics look slightly better.
    I wonder if I could recommend that to some emulation devs that perhaps the sound could use some smoothing out to simulate those old TVs
    I think a few of the early systems could benefit from that, at least up to the 8 bit generation, by the 16 bit generation I think TVs had gotten a lot better in almost every way
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    i dont have an sd card adapter but I have an usb sd card adapter
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Old people games
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    its not the one that comes with the r4
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    doesnt work (my flashcard is from r4isdhc.com)
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    might install ysmenu first
    Try Wood firmware
    For your R4
    It's old but it's the best firmware out for DS stuff
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    it says it only works for the original R4, R4i Gold (r4ids.cn), R4iDSN (r4idsn.com) and Acekard R.P.G.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    nvm it does support mine
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    but why choose it over ysmenu @Psionic Roshambo?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    bc im stupid?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    yea ik im stupid
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    good night
    Just give it a try, but honestly if you have a 3DS you can play DS games without a card just off the internal SD card
    Slightly slower loading but a bit more convenient
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    guys, my fuckin headphones have an out of place speaker
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Did you try wearing them?
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Did you try wearing them?