Omega update instructions?

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by apachehavok, Mar 29, 2014.

1. apachehavok
    OP

apachehavok GBAtemp Fan

Jan 17, 2014
    Angola
    Currently running 2.0B1 on a US 3DS.

It has the system firmware of 4.2.0-9
    No emunand

Can someone please outline the steps needed for when the Omega final is released? I hear that maybe because Im not on 4.5 I need to update to 4.5 first?

Can someone please write a step by step guide and we can maybe get this stickied? :) :)

Thanks all!

2. linkfx

linkfx Member

Newcomer
    Mar 28, 2014
    If your 3DS firmware is between 4.1 and 4.5 you're good. You just replace the Launcher.dat with the new one on the 3DS SD.

3. Skyrider

Skyrider GBAtemp Regular

Sep 13, 2009
    Netherlands
    Indeed. Just replace the launcher.dat (when you are going to use Omega) with the new file available soon, and then launch gateway mode with the red card inserted. It'll request an update. Follow the instructions and you'll be good to go.

4. Qtis

Qtis Grey Knight Inquisitor

Feb 28, 2010
    The Forge
    Same steps as before, like linkfx mentioned. Replace the Launcher.dat and go through the process (Press A to continue, etc.). If someone does want to make a more detailed guide, post it in the 3DS Tutorials & FAQs section :)

5. linkfx

linkfx Member

Newcomer
    Mar 28, 2014
    Also important to note, it appears once you upgrade to Omega you can no longer go back to previous versions, so make sure everything is working properly before you update as you may no longer be able to fix things by downgrading.

6. apachehavok
    OP

apachehavok GBAtemp Fan

Jan 17, 2014
    Angola
    Oh I see! So the FW update for the GATEWAY card is actually included on the launcher.dat then as well? So just pop on the new launcher.dat and run it?
    I can then install emunand after it updates and all that right? Or should I install emunand first while on 2.0b1 then update the launcher.dat?

Also are the current steps for installing emunand going to be the same as the video on gateways site? Its compatable with the latest OFW from nintendo right?

7. yusuo

yusuo GBAtemp Addict

Oct 19, 2006
    I wish I had a Gateway now, I've already seen the beta Omega firmware pop up on a few private torrent sites I use

8. apachehavok
    OP

apachehavok GBAtemp Fan

Jan 17, 2014
    Angola
    ^^Ok thanks for contributing nothing...

I guess my question is: On a 3ds running gateway 2.0B2 with NO emunand, should I install emunand before the OMEGA update or can I do it after? Also the instructions of installing emunand are still the same as on the main tutorial video on the gateway site correct? Still works with latest Nintendo FW? THANKS