OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Angola
Currently running 2.0B1 on a US 3DS.

It has the system firmware of 4.2.0-9
No emunand

Can someone please outline the steps needed for when the Omega final is released? I hear that maybe because Im not on 4.5 I need to update to 4.5 first?

Can someone please write a step by step guide and we can maybe get this stickied? :) :)

Thanks all!

linkfx

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
If your 3DS firmware is between 4.1 and 4.5 you're good. You just replace the Launcher.dat with the new one on the 3DS SD.

Skyrider

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
If your 3DS firmware is between 4.1 and 4.5 you're good. You just replace the Launcher.dat with the new one on the 3DS SD.

Indeed. Just replace the launcher.dat (when you are going to use Omega) with the new file available soon, and then launch gateway mode with the red card inserted. It'll request an update. Follow the instructions and you'll be good to go.

linkfx

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Also important to note, it appears once you upgrade to Omega you can no longer go back to previous versions, so make sure everything is working properly before you update as you may no longer be able to fix things by downgrading.

apachehavok

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Angola
Oh I see! So the FW update for the GATEWAY card is actually included on the launcher.dat then as well? So just pop on the new launcher.dat and run it?
I can then install emunand after it updates and all that right? Or should I install emunand first while on 2.0b1 then update the launcher.dat?

Also are the current steps for installing emunand going to be the same as the video on gateways site? Its compatable with the latest OFW from nintendo right?

yusuo

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I wish I had a Gateway now, I've already seen the beta Omega firmware pop up on a few private torrent sites I use

apachehavok

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Angola
^^Ok thanks for contributing nothing...

I guess my question is: On a 3ds running gateway 2.0B2 with NO emunand, should I install emunand before the OMEGA update or can I do it after? Also the instructions of installing emunand are still the same as on the main tutorial video on the gateway site correct? Still works with latest Nintendo FW? THANKS

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: :rofl2: +1