Omega ruby, 2.5 or gateway

Discussion in 'General Gaming Discussion' started by Ace Overclocked, Apr 20, 2015.

?

Which will it be?

1. Omega ruby

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. KH2.5

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Gateway

6 vote(s)
    60.0%
  4. Other

1 vote(s)
    10.0%
  5. Beer

3 vote(s)
    30.0%
  1. Ace Overclocked
    OP

Ace Overclocked My CPU's hot but my core runs cold.

Jul 30, 2010
    Italy
    Somewhere
    So i'm finally able to buy myself something new that's gaming related and i'm thinking of getting either OR KH2.5 or a gateway.
    I have cfw on 3DS and the only games i'm really interested in have legit cia's anyway but devmenu simply won't install anymore (Been trying for a few weeks no and no dice) so i'm getting impatient, also it's gonna be a little hard for me to order one but i could get it eventually.
    I'm a huge pokemon and KH fan and i've wanted the remakes for quite a while although i'm considering waiting for the next gen of pokemon since i caught them all already and pirate OR (But yeah, devmenu) and well, 2.5 would be a blast but i've already played the others to death so i really dunno
    I'm open for other suggestions as well, and if anyone could help with devmenu it would be great (IP is correct, firewall is down but still nothing; used to work a while ago with palantine but since i started using PBT it wont run)
    Thanks ;D

Margen67 likes this.
  2. Ace Overclocked
    OP

Ace Overclocked My CPU's hot but my core runs cold.

Jul 30, 2010
    Italy
    Somewhere
    bump

3. rotebrotobias

rotebrotobias GBAtemp Maniac

Jan 31, 2015
    Of course you should pick Gateway. With Gateway you can get all games you want and much more!

Margen67 likes this.
  4. Xenon Hacks

Xenon Hacks GBAtemp Guru

Nov 13, 2014
    United States
    Assuming your 3DS is 9.2 or lower Gateway without question.

5. OngakuAikoka

OngakuAikoka Member

Newcomer
    Apr 26, 2015
    United States
    Wouldn't gateway brick his Nintendo 3ds?

6. rotebrotobias

Jan 31, 2015
    Gateway doesn't brick 3DS. If he tries to install things on his sysNAND with gateway that doesn't support then it may brick, but not if he doens't do anything with sysNAND or doesn't use homebrew. It's not like people use Gateway to brick their 3DS..

Margen67 and Ace001 like this.
  7. OngakuAikoka

OngakuAikoka Member

Newcomer
    Apr 26, 2015
    United States

If I buy a gateway card, I won't get bricked if I go online and plays 3ds Roms?

8. rotebrotobias

Jan 31, 2015
    Of course not! The only way you would get a little bit close to bricking your 3ds is if you use homebrew or try to edit your NAND, but if you're only gonna play 3DS roms and use them online then your 3DS won't brick.

Margen67 likes this.
  9. OngakuAikoka

OngakuAikoka Member

Newcomer
    Apr 26, 2015
    United States
    Oh, I thought getting online would brick my 3ds and is there a way to unbrick?

10. Lycanroc

Lycanroc Midnight Wolf

May 11, 2014
    Germany
    Ibbenbüren
    As far as I know, you could only get banned from online play, but there's no way your 3DS could brick from it.

Margen67 likes this.
  11. OngakuAikoka

OngakuAikoka Member

Newcomer
    Apr 26, 2015
    United States
    Do you use Gateway because I can't a brick and I won't be able to get a new one. :(

12. Lycanroc

Lycanroc Midnight Wolf

May 11, 2014
    Germany
    Ibbenbüren
    I don't even have a 3DS, so no, I don't have a Gateway, but I've been a part of this community long enough to know that it's impossible to brick your 3DS with Gateway.

Margen67 likes this.
  13. OngakuAikoka

OngakuAikoka Member

Newcomer
    Apr 26, 2015
    United States
    Okay, thanks and you are 100% sure about this, right? Which Gateway version should I use?

14. rotebrotobias

Jan 31, 2015
    Playing online won't brick your 3DS. I've played SSB and Animal Crossing online A LOT, and never got banned! With Gateway you can create a NAND backup, so if your 3DS brick (99% you won't) then you can restore it with hardware mod. You don't have to be afraid of bricking it since you're probably not gonna use homebrew or install things to your sysNAND.

15. OngakuAikoka

OngakuAikoka Member

Newcomer
    Apr 26, 2015
    United States

Wow man, thanks a lot, backuping nand won't mess up my 3ds in any way?

16. rotebrotobias

Jan 31, 2015
    And of course you should use the lastest 3.1.1 version, but remember that if you want emuNAND (like a whole 3ds system stored on your SD card) so you can play at the lastest firmware (not 9.6 and higher atm), then make a backup of your SD card files, then format emuNAND with Gateway Launcher and restore after. If you want to update your emuNAND to 9.5.0-23 then i can send you all the .cia files so you can install them with Devmenu or any Title manager, or just wait until Gateway support the highest versions for emuNAND. If you want to know more about emuNAND then you can google :P

EDIT:

Nope backuping NAND won't brick. The only way you could brick it when you backup is if you turn your 3DS of while it backup, but since it's just creating a backup then it's not that much of a chance that you brick.

And remember to charge it while it backups and save the NAND.bin on a safe place.

Margen67 likes this.
  17. OngakuAikoka

OngakuAikoka Member

Newcomer
    Apr 26, 2015
    United States

I will buy a 3ds sometime soon, thanks for your help, is there a tutorial for backuping nand?

Edit: I saw on some websites that Gateway is a kill switch, did Gateway fix that? Sorry man, I am a noob when it comes to handhelds.

18. rotebrotobias

Jan 31, 2015
    You don't need one. When you open Gateway Launcher there are many options:

Boot Gateway Mode (the mode to open roms, use emuNAND and such)

Boot Classic Mode (play retail games on emuNAND for example)

Backup System NAND (to backup your NAND)

Backup 3DS Game Cartridge (to backup retail games as .3ds roms)

Backup 3DS Savegame (to backup savefiles from retail games)

Restore 3DS Savegame (to restore savefiles to retail games)

Diagnostic Test (to check if your 3DS have any error and such)

Format emuNAND (If you want emuNAND on your SD card, but backup SD card files first)

Downgrade Console (to downgrade your 3ds to 4.x so you won't need to use the Browser exploit everytime you reboot your console)

To backup your system NAND you only need to pick the option Backup System NAND and press START.

EDIT: But if you really need a tutorial you can use Gateway's official Manual on their website

Margen67 likes this.
  19. OngakuAikoka

OngakuAikoka Member

Newcomer
    Apr 26, 2015
    United States

This is some great news, I decided to buy a PS vita because I thought a 3ds would brick LOL.

20. rotebrotobias

Jan 31, 2015
    lol as i said, 3DS won't brick unless you try to hard mod and fail, or if you try to edit things on your sysNAND from Gateway with uncompatible things.

Margen67 likes this.