Omega in mass production

Discussion in 'GBA - Flashing Hardware and Software' started by EZ-Flash2, Mar 23, 2018.

1. EZ-Flash2
    OP

EZ-Flash2 Official EZ-FLASH Stuff

Jul 16, 2003
    China
    We will start shipping to retailer in this weekend. The global sale should start on early April.

Attached Files:

2. EZ-Flash2
    OP

Jul 16, 2003
    China
  3. x65943

x65943 Dr. Rabbi Prince X, Sr., Ed. D.

GBAtemp Patron
    x65943 is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jun 23, 2014
    United States
    Midwest
    Wow, exciting! How much are they? By the way I can't watch the video that you posted.

4. MrCatFace

MrCatFace GBAtemp Fan

Jun 3, 2017
    Home (Is where the heart is, so my chest?)
    Super exciting! Cant wait for the release!

x65943 likes this.
  5. Cartoni

Cartoni Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Oct 23, 2017
    Netherlands
    @EZ-Flash2 Do you have a price indication for the Omega? Then I could already same some money to get this as fast as possible in April. And what are the first retailers you ship it to in Europe? Would be nice to have it right as it starts selling

Last edited by Cartoni, Mar 23, 2018
    x65943 likes this.
  6. JUST_TONY

JUST_TONY Newbie

Newcomer
    Mar 23, 2018
    China
    In china, it 199 RMB, which is about 31.46(USD)

cearp likes this.
  7. lolboy
    This message by lolboy has been removed from public view by Minox, Mar 23, 2018, Reason: GBAtemp is not an imageboard.
    Mar 23, 2018
  8. lolboy

lolboy GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jul 16, 2009
    Netherlands
    What is this "omega"? Flashcard?

Update: nevermind, I found the answer.

Last edited by lolboy, Mar 23, 2018
  9. migles

migles All my gbatemp friends are now mods, except for me

GBAtemp Patron
    migles is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Sep 19, 2013
    China
    Earth-chan
    if that would be the price i am in!

btw what are the big pins in the back used for? i guess factory testing or boot rom\first programing?

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

a new gba flashcart by the ez flash team, supposedly the same team that made the ez flash iv

lolboy likes this.
  10. Cartoni

Cartoni Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Oct 23, 2017
    Netherlands
    Allright, that would be great.
    How do you know this?

x65943 likes this.
  11. kuwanger

kuwanger GBAtemp Maniac

Jul 26, 2006
    United States
    The big center chip is a FPGA and costs like $16/unit (presumably somewhat cheaper in bulk), so I'd be a bit surprised if it were only $37. I'd imagine the pins are for reprogramming the FPGA/Flash? Regardless, it's pretty cool seeing the production pictures. Can't wait until it's available for general sale.

@EZ-Flash2 - Out of curiosity, if/when are you going to released the source for the versions of PocketNES/Goomba you're using?

x65943 likes this.
  12. Localhorst86

Localhorst86 GBAtemp Addict

Jul 17, 2014
    Germany
    Nintendo works for my dad
    At that price it would be an instant buy for me, if I was able to find it at a reputable seller. I am fairly certain it'll be more than that.

13. JUST_TONY

JUST_TONY Newbie

Newcomer
    Mar 23, 2018
    China
    You can find that info in ez-flash official websiet. If you chose Chinese language, you can find that seller.
    Also, you can find that card in TaoBao and you can see the price:)
    Actually, I am in China and ezflash card is manufactured in China. The card will be shipped from next week in China.

Another information for your reference about the price. ez-reform in China is about 168 rmb( 26.5592 USD), so you guys can guess the price of EZ Omega in your country.:)

14. Localhorst86

Localhorst86 GBAtemp Addict

Jul 17, 2014
    Germany
    Nintendo works for my dad
    I just found a few listings on aliexpress for about 40€... tempted. Really, really tempted.

EDIT: Purchased. The listings were updated, they were listings for the Reform before (and a lot cheaper). But the new listing says EZ-Flash Omega, the features are the ones from the Omega... I'm taking the risk, if it's not the Omega I can still file a dispute.

40€ is still a remarkable price, I reckon.

Last edited by Localhorst86, Mar 23, 2018
    x65943 likes this.
  15. Cartoni

Cartoni Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Oct 23, 2017
    Netherlands
    Haha that does not sound really secure. I'm also seeing some ads for omega, but with pictures of the reform. And some websites selling them for €65,-....

16. fille

fille GBAtemp Regular

Mar 28, 2014
    Belgium
    somewhere
    i'm gona wait till there's a review,i own a gbax5,so no hurry for this.

17. Searinox

Searinox Dances with Dragons

Dec 16, 2007
    Romania
    Bucharest
    Cheap huh? They were considerably cheaper back when I got this. Battery independence is nice though I crammed a fat CR2032 into mine and didn't have problems since. But I have no RTC... Also this swaps ROMs faster and doesn't need an NDS/NDSL... I'm torn. Still leaning towards no... idfk.

18. element6

element6 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    GBAtemp Patron
    element6 is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jun 2, 2016
    United States
    Miami, FL
    Hmmm.. as much as I hope you actually get an official Omega cartridge, I'm not so sure. I just logged on to lightly warn people about the ones I see popping up for sale everywhere. There are currently 8 different listings on eBay from Chinese sellers. All of them are using the same product images and they just don't look right.

Example: Click on picture number three on this listing and hover over the image so it pops up with the zoomed image. Notice the blur effect that was added to the center of the plastic cartridges?

The battery on the PCB is wrapped in a bright yellow insulator. The cartridge shell is translucent smoke. You should be able to see the yellow insulator on the battery through the shell. I am having doubts that any retailers have received their shipments from EZ just yet. Either there are gonna be fakes floating around or people are getting very advantageous with presales.

Not directing this at you Localhorst86. I'm just suggesting some mild caution to others.

Let us know if you get tracking info and definitely let us know what you receive.

19. EZ-Flash2
    OP

Jul 16, 2003
    China
    if you guys don't mind the global retailer instead local retailer
    ezflash website now have one official global dealer selling OMEGA.

IceSmash2, element6 and cearp like this.
  20. kuwanger

kuwanger GBAtemp Maniac

Jul 26, 2006
    United States
    I looked through the ezkernel.bin, and PocketNES seems to be version 2013-07-01 from Dwedit's site. The same is true for Goomba Color being 2014-14-12 from Dwedit. I haven't gotten as far as figuring out how they actually build the PocketNES image in PSRAM, but the actual header is pretty trivial so I'd imagine they built it on the fly. They don't seem to have used my plugin2gba (not really surprised, since it's quite a hack) nor any sort of Pogoshell simulator (didn't find 0xfab0babe magic that indicates a Pogoshell filesystem). Hard to be sure, but the ~1MB image seems to have a good bit of empty space (hard to tell if it's empty or bitmaps, of course).

So, I'm again curious if any official tools will be released for hacking the kernel to our liking? If nothing else, it'd be convenient to have a Pogoshell-like folder with plugins and a txt/ini file associating extensions with plugins. Pogoshell support really is sort of the alpha to me when it comes to GBA flashcarts (although its first release wasn't until 2002, AFAIK). Regardless, the kernel is an interesting read through, especially what looks like (I'm guessing and haven't at all verified) the fast engine using the game id with a built-in list of offsets for patching. I also rather like how they organized the IMGS folder.

In any case, I'm rather curious about how well the EZ Omega works in a lot of ways. :)

EZ-Flash2 likes this.
  21. RetrogamerX

RetrogamerX GBAtemp Regular

Jan 16, 2017
    I really want the new Omega, but don't want to wait months. Waiting for my local ebay seller that sold the reform said he was getting the omega very soon? Hope it's not long. Really looking forward to the ez-flash omega.

cearp likes this.