Hacking OLED V6 Chip Black screen

Hassal

Trophies
XP
Country
United Arab Emirates
I didn't reflow the eMMC. I didn't think it was necessary anymore. When installing the small orange dat0 connector I slightly tinned the point and slid it under the eMMC and anchored it. Tested it and was a little over 0.400v from memory. I'll test it again when I pull apart the NS today.
Its kind of weird that your CLK would break under eMMC since you haven't reflowed. Most of the time its done by people wrong.

I reflowed my emmc with my heat gun raising the temperature every 1 min and used the following temperatures:
>160°C 1 minute
>250°C 1 minute
>360°C 1 minute
>400°C 1 minute

When my OLED was alive again. I noticed that the space in the emmc was almost full and I don't have anything installed on it, days later it died again with a black screen. Probably my nand was corrupt, but there is no problem since I have a copy of the emmc and if it doesn't work I plan to follow the guide of sthetix "DO A SYSTEM RESTORE: UNLOCK THE NSW"
Its always better to reball if you have issues since you won't be exposing the chip to the same high temperatures each time.

eddz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Last edited by eddz,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    linuxares @ linuxares: @BunnyPinkie yepp