Feedback Hardware OLED switch not reading SD cards

diamobster

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hello. I recently changed my switch's shell and yes, the black part from below too. That required to remove most of the components, everything went well, except when i tried to play some of my games off my SD, i realized it was not reading my SD card anymore, i tried another card to see if it was the card but wasn't. I'm completely at loss at how i managed to mess that up, i was VERY careful, specially with the screen ribbon.
Everything on the black (daughter)board works except the sd card reader.
Any ideas? did i miss a ribbon cable or something?
Did i ruin it and have to buy another board?

Last edited by diamobster,

jkyoho

Trophies
Website
form.jotform.com
XP
Country
Canada
Hello. I recently changed my switch's shell and yes, the black part from below too. That required to remove most of the components, everything went well, except when i tried to play some of my games, i realized it was not reading my card anymore, i tried another card to see if it was the card but wasn't. I'm completely at loss at how i managed to mess that up, i was VERY careful, specially with the screen ribbon. Everything on the black (daughter)board works except the sd card reader. Any ideas? does it have to have contact with a screw somewhere?
Did i actually ruin it and have to buy another board?
Game cartridge and SD card slot is different thing. I guess you talking about game cartridge.
Take a picture of the board side connector as well as the actual game card slot in close shot if possible/.

diamobster

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Game cartridge and SD card slot is different thing. I guess you talking about game cartridge.
Take a picture of the board side connector as well as the actual game card slot in close shot if possible/.
I do mean the SD card reader. Where DLC and games can be stored apart from the 64GB internal storage.

diamobster

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
The sd card and the cartridge slot is one single board on the oled.
Yeah, i know. It still reads game cartridges and the headphone jack works, i wanted to know if i missed a ribbon cable or something that powered the SD card reader. Because it's the only thing on the board that won't work.

jkyoho

Trophies
Website
form.jotform.com
XP
Country
Canada
OLED-SD-SLOT.jpg

Check the sd slot pin diode reading when battery & SD card unplugged

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat