Old3dsXL Pokemon Moon hack?

Discussion in '3DS - ROM Hacking, Translations and Utilities' started by 3DSJunkie, Nov 23, 2016.

1. 3DSJunkie
    OP

3DSJunkie GBAtemp Regular

Dec 27, 2015
    United Kingdom
    Hey guys,

i fixed my blackscreen issue after updating manually to luma newest version *Yeah*...
    but now i see everytime i start pokemon moon or close it my Old 3ds XL restarts... why is that the case? thats stupid i think. Thats my first issue, second issue is, i tried to start SUMoHax over NTRBootSelector.. but if my 3ds reboots than this NTR cheat/plugin will be killed in that case.. so is there any other option????
    How i know that the process is killed?
    because if i press select it wont open the Pluginbar.. but for games like Pokemon OR it opens it...

Thanks for any help.

2. xtheman

xtheman GBAtemp Guru

Jan 28, 2016
    United States
    You can't use NTR and sun/moon on a old 3ds.
    Sun/Moon boot high memory mode so the game runs better but it reboots the system. No way around that.

3. 3DSJunkie
    OP

Dec 27, 2015
    United Kingdom
    damn -.- ;(... lazy devs why they even bring that game out with higher game specs if it cant handle o3ds...

4. xtheman

xtheman GBAtemp Guru

Jan 28, 2016
    United States
    I think they were planning new 3ds only but then the realized mostly kids play pokemon and they mainly have 2dses
    You can however use code.bin patches. They are more limited then NTR but they work.
    http://gbatemp.net/threads/sciresms-sun-moon-patches.449171/
    https://gbatemp.net/threads/pokémon-moon-gateshark-ntr-request.447851/page-28#post-6835417

5. Tenshi_Okami

Tenshi_Okami GBAtemp Maniac

Nov 3, 2015
    Puerto Rico
    Why are you arguing?

Do you prefer to spend 200$ on a new 3DS just to play SuMo? Or you prefer to play it in the O3DS on high memory mode?

6. 3DSJunkie
    OP

Dec 27, 2015
    United Kingdom
    ok :/ thanks for all help i will try it (y)

7. xtheman

xtheman GBAtemp Guru

Jan 28, 2016
    United States
    No I agree with him. It is a really shitty move to release a game that is unplayable even with higher memory (have you tried to beat trails on the old 3ds?). Plus if New 3DS only more sales would come out for it.